Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern Circular Fluorescent Light Fitting

I was in a National Trust Tea Room today and saw some lights that I really
liked - with a view to having a couple in my kitchen to replace an old but
effective strip light. I thought the trademark I could see was "Hacen" but
Googling has brought no results.

I wondered if anyone had seen anything like then?

They were a disc of white glass of about 2 feet diameter, with a lightly
frosted section below the circular tube. The reflector and control gear was
in a shallow dome above the flat glass disc. Some were suspended from
wires - one was fixed directly to the ceiling.

Any thoughts on a source?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote:

I was in a National Trust Tea Room today and saw some lights that I really
liked - with a view to having a couple in my kitchen to replace an old but
effective strip light. I thought the trademark I could see was "Hacen" but
Googling has brought no results.

I wondered if anyone had seen anything like then?

They were a disc of white glass of about 2 feet diameter, with a lightly
frosted section below the circular tube. The reflector and control gear was
in a shallow dome above the flat glass disc. Some were suspended from
wires - one was fixed directly to the ceiling.

Any thoughts on a source?

Try looking he

http://tinyurl.com/5s6rf3
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I was in a National Trust Tea Room today and saw some lights that I really
liked - with a view to having a couple in my kitchen to replace an old but
effective strip light. I thought the trademark I could see was "Hacen" but
Googling has brought no results.

I wondered if anyone had seen anything like then?

They were a disc of white glass of about 2 feet diameter, with a lightly
frosted section below the circular tube. The reflector and control gear was
in a shallow dome above the flat glass disc. Some were suspended from
wires - one was fixed directly to the ceiling.

Any thoughts on a source?

I work in a school and we have in newly built toilets what look like
circular fluorescent fittings but are actually powered by 28W2D lamps.
The diffusers make the ;light look like that from a circular fluorescent.

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm" wrote in message
John wrote:
I was in a National Trust Tea Room today and saw some lights that I
really liked - with a view to having a couple in my kitchen to replace an
old but effective strip light. I thought the trademark I could see was
"Hacen" but Googling has brought no results.

I wondered if anyone had seen anything like then?

They were a disc of white glass of about 2 feet diameter, with a lightly
frosted section below the circular tube. The reflector and control gear
was in a shallow dome above the flat glass disc. Some were suspended from
wires - one was fixed directly to the ceiling.

Any thoughts on a source?

I work in a school and we have in newly built toilets what look like
circular fluorescent fittings but are actually powered by 28W2D lamps. The
diffusers make the ;light look like that from a circular fluorescent.

Malcolm

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to do
with the glass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"rrh" wrote:

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

The entry fee is set high to exclude riff-raff like us. ;-)

It's a long time since I visited a National Trust property. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"rrh" wrote:

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

The entry fee is set high to exclude riff-raff like us. ;-)

It's a long time since I visited a National Trust property. :-(

Don't need to pay to get to the tea room at this property (Sudbury Hall in
Derbyshire)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 12, 6:03 am, "rrh" wrote:
No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

You don't pay to get in the tea room.

Entry fees for houses and grounds are no worse than for similar
privately owned attractions.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"rrh" wrote:

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

The entry fee is set high to exclude riff-raff like us. ;-)

It's a long time since I visited a National Trust property. :-(

Don't need to pay to get to the tea room at this property (Sudbury Hall in
Derbyshire)

At quite a few of them, you don't need to pay to get into the gift
shop, either. The tea rooms are often very good, but the gift shops
seem to sell nothing but highly priced tat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jun 12, 6:03 am, "rrh" wrote:
No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to
do with the glass.

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

You don't pay to get in the tea room.

Entry fees for houses and grounds are no worse than for similar
privately owned attractions.

MBQ

Annual NT membership is very good value and includes free use of useful
carparks in the Lake District .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robert" wrote in message
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jun 12, 6:03 am, "rrh" wrote:
No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I
may
have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which
would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something
do with the glass.
Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power
tool.

You don't pay to get in the tea room.

Entry fees for houses and grounds are no worse than for similar
privately owned attractions.

MBQ

Annual NT membership is very good value and includes free use of useful
carparks in the Lake District .

If anyone is interested, I e-mailed the NT at the property and their Estate
manager gave me the information I needed and was able to track this down.

http://www.hacel.net/pages/product-r...us-pendant.php

I agree about the membership - We have been members for years and find it
provides us with a means of taking many low cost visits to some beautiful
places. Many houses improve over the years. If we don't get our money
worth - then it has gone to a good cause.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"robert" wrote in message
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jun 12, 6:03 am, "rrh" wrote:
[...]

Coo - "complimentary downlighters available" not often you get freebies like
that....oh they meant complementary. Damn

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"robert" wrote in message
Man at B&Q wrote:
On Jun 12, 6:03 am, "rrh" wrote:
[...]

They look nice. Although not suitable for my house there are a few other
things on the site that may be.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If anyone is interested, I e-mailed the NT at the property and their
Estate manager gave me the information I needed and was able to track
this down.

http://www.hacel.net/pages/product-r...us-pendant.php

They look nice. Although not suitable for my house there are a few other
things on the site that may be.

Adam

I also came across this whilst searching. It has given me some ideas as I
would like some spotlights in our dining room - but due to the directions of
joists I don't see it as an easy task to install them.

See what you think.

John

Take pity on a Hoody.
They suffer from limited peripheral vision and must have difficulty walking
with the crotch of their tracky bottoms at knee level.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If anyone is interested, I e-mailed the NT at the property and their Estate
manager gave me the information I needed and was able to track this down.

http://www.hacel.net/pages/product-r...us-pendant.php

I can see why it interested you - hate to think what they cost !