Kam_UK

Default fitting an outside light - problem getting the power cable to light, any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the kitchen at the momment and thought that I'd install
some outside lighting before the plaster goes on the brick work,

I bought a PIR low light pollution halogen, I've run cable under floor
to it ready to drill hole through wall

heres the problem
The light has a wall fixing that expects the cable to go staight
through wall into light, I can't there is a waste pipe in way. I need
to go through wall drop down outside of wall 500mm then into light

My only plan of action is to come out of wall, run cable through 20mm
conduit up to light, then make a small channel in to take cable into
wall fixing.

Any one got a better idea or tried and tested solution

tia
Kam
BigWallop

"Kam_UK" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,

I'm working on the kitchen at the momment and thought that I'd install
some outside lighting before the plaster goes on the brick work,

I bought a PIR low light pollution halogen, I've run cable under floor
to it ready to drill hole through wall

heres the problem
The light has a wall fixing that expects the cable to go staight
through wall into light, I can't there is a waste pipe in way. I need
to go through wall drop down outside of wall 500mm then into light

My only plan of action is to come out of wall, run cable through 20mm
conduit up to light, then make a small channel in to take cable into
wall fixing.

Any one got a better idea or tried and tested solution

tia
Kam

And you're sure the light fitting doesn't have any knock rings other than
directly on the back? If it is this type of fitting, then it is most likely
to be fitted onto a conduit box, or all weather box, sized fitting. Trying
the take the cable directly into the back of the light, then have to find
screw fixing points after the cable is connected, I think, is going to be a
difficult thing to do.

Light fitting help Ian UK diy 6 August 14th 04 11:11 PM
Change a light bulb Usenet Style Stormin Mormon Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 11:03 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
strange problem connecting light to dimmer John Hunter Home Repair 6 January 19th 04 07:57 PM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM