Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A simple idea but brilliant.

I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on the
first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy business, This is
basically just a plastic coated cloth with four handles and a sort of
skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows you to mix up with no mess
on the floor. Let the remains harden, and just sort of fold it up and they
fall off. Only cost a few quid. One of those ideas I'd not thought of and
bought on impulse - and proved worth its weight in gold.

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:21:53 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

Or accuse you of spamming ;-)

--
John Stumbles

Ohnosecond
Instant in time when you realise that you've just made a BIG mistake.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on
the first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy
business, This is basically just a plastic coated cloth with four
handles and a sort of skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows
you to mix up with no mess on the floor. Let the remains harden, and
just sort of fold it up and they fall off. Only cost a few quid. One
of those ideas I'd not thought of and bought on impulse - and proved
worth its weight in gold.

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

I've seen them, pleased to know they actually work - I'll pick one up,
cheers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Stumbles wrote:
Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

Or accuse you of spamming ;-)

Ever known a spammer who doesn't give a URL? ;-)

But are you really saying one shouldn't mention a product you think others
might not know about?

--
*Few women admit their age; fewer men act it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:21:53 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

Or accuse you of spamming ;-)

Bah!

;-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on the
first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy business, This is
basically just a plastic coated cloth with four handles and a sort of
skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows you to mix up with no mess
on the floor. Let the remains harden, and just sort of fold it up and they
fall off. Only cost a few quid. One of those ideas I'd not thought of and
bought on impulse - and proved worth its weight in gold.

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

Shock, horror. B&Q sell something that is useful?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

To replace the floor ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson o.uk
wrote:

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

To replace the floor ?

No, to bugger up something else, I suspect. They are supposed to be
putting right the jobs they have fouled up, a very long list. My lawyer
tells me that I have to give them an opportunity to put things right
before I sue them. Personally I'd just like to kill them and bury the
corpses.

When my wife pointed out the mess they told her not to worry because
they have this special, very gentle, cleaning technique that will get
rid of all the mortar, using walnut shells. She thought that sounded OK.
I asked her about her former ban on the use of sand blasting and she
said no she still doesn't want any sand blasting of beams or floors.
Then I broke the news to her that the "special cleaning technique"
probably involved sand blasting. She faced the pair and demanded an
honest answer and they started acting like kids, staring at the floor.
Yup, they intended to sand blast the floor, and looking at the back of
the van where there were two drums of 40 grit, I reckon the "walnut
shell" line was just bull.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

What and you think they'll actually use them? ;-)

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

What and you think they'll actually use them? ;-)

They might, I have been using a tufspot for the last 15 years, I bet the
picnic blankets wont last as long. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on
the first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy
business, This is basically just a plastic coated cloth with four
handles and a sort of skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows
you to mix up with no mess on the floor. Let the remains harden, and
just sort of fold it up and they fall off. Only cost a few quid. One
of those ideas I'd not thought of and bought on impulse - and proved
worth its weight in gold.

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

I've been mixing small amounts of mortar in plastic bags for 20 years....my
arms are ****ing killing me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

No I don't but I'll be off to buy several because the bricklayer and
plasterer really ****ed me off when they mixed up mortar and render on a
150 year old floor with unglazed paviors. And they are due back soon.

That was my worries - because using even a spot board water often gets
where it shouldn't. Of course a rough builder could put his spade through
it - so perhaps for third party use a spot board on top of it would be
sensible.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I bought a mortar mixing cloth thingie from B&Q as I was working on the
first floor, and mixing up mortar etc is usually a messy business,
This is
basically just a plastic coated cloth with four handles and a sort of
skirt - a bit like a kids swimming pool. Allows you to mix up with no
mess
on the floor. Let the remains harden, and just sort of fold it up and
they
fall off. Only cost a few quid. One of those ideas I'd not thought of and
bought on impulse - and proved worth its weight in gold.
Of course everyone here will know about them. ;-)

For mixing smaller quantities of filler etc one can borrow silicone(1)
bakeware from the kitchen cupboard

Not round my house you can't.... kapow!

David

brilliant bux.toin Woodworking 0 February 18th 08 02:20 PM
brilliant bux.toin UK diy 0 February 18th 08 02:19 PM
brilliant bux.toin Home Repair 0 February 18th 08 02:17 PM
Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM
Brilliant (???) Bathroom Idea? [email protected] Home Repair 15 December 14th 04 03:56 AM