Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grab adhesive in screw top tubes

I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about a £1 a
tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only use a small
amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry standard cartridges on the
van for bigger jobs.

Toolstation have stopped doing it in the tubes & the only supply I can find
is at Wickes
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Building-Adh...ls/invt/243777
but at £2.79 a pop its a lot more expensive.

Anyone know a source?

------------------------------

During a Google to find some, this came up

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyl...8057-20322687/

"Grab adhesive can be used like nails to fix stairs, floors, decking, stone
steps and even roof tiles together. A good make such as No More Nails
should retail for around £10 a tube so it is a handyman's ideal chemical. "

Floors & decking?? £10 a tube?? Are they having a laugh?

I thought at first it was an igorant journo, but this site supports the
claims.

http://www.diyweek.net/products/prod...+adhesive+yet+

Is this stuff really that good & worth a £10 a tube?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

No. Maybe worth 8.99! :-)

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0256769

I'd guess it's the usual story - launch with a silly price to establish
a "was" price then reduce to what market will bear as a special offer of
some sort.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about a £1 a
tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only use a small
amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry standard cartridges on the
van for bigger jobs.

Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time I've
usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk, and one
of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept sealed with a
2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or even months
perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about
a £1 a tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only
use a small amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry
standard cartridges on the van for bigger jobs.

Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time
I've usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk,
and one of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept
sealed with a 2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or
even months perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

Suppose its not so much a waste issue, more a convenience one. I get
frustrated with blocked nozzles & throw the cartridge away in a fit of pique
:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about
a £1 a tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only
use a small amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry
standard cartridges on the van for bigger jobs.

Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time
I've usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk,
and one of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept
sealed with a 2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or
even months perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

Suppose its not so much a waste issue, more a convenience one. I get
frustrated with blocked nozzles & throw the cartridge away in a fit of pique
:-)

You should keep some spare nozzles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about
a £1 a tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only
use a small amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry
standard cartridges on the van for bigger jobs.
Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time
I've usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk,
and one of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept
sealed with a 2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or
even months perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

Suppose its not so much a waste issue, more a convenience one. I get
frustrated with blocked nozzles & throw the cartridge away in a fit of
pique :-)

You should keep some spare nozzles.

Right enough - when I run out of gunk when I'm working on something, I
just transfer the current nozzle over to the new tube (which also avoids
wasting the contents of the nozzle!) so I always have plenty of spares.
But TBH it's extremely rare they ever do block (silicone excepted) if
you remember to bung the 2" nail back when you've finished!

David

grab adhesive (removal) Fred UK diy 0 December 20th 07 05:57 PM
Radiant tubes in a concrete/mud slab vs mounting the tubes under the sub floor. [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 4th 07 06:37 AM
PVA adhesive over screw heads JWBH UK diy 4 April 5th 07 10:30 PM
Cerafix Grabs Like Nails/ B&Q Exterior Grab Adhesive (information) jim UK diy 0 August 16th 06 11:32 AM
'Wudcare' fast grab instant wood adhesive Alex UK diy 0 October 19th 05 10:09 PM