Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grab adhesive in screw top tubes

Lobster wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about
a £1 a tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only
use a small amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry
standard cartridges on the van for bigger jobs.

Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time
I've usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk,
and one of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept
sealed with a 2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or
even months perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

Suppose its not so much a waste issue, more a convenience one. I get
frustrated with blocked nozzles & throw the cartridge away in a fit of pique
:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk