Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decking - Removal of green staining

My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Walt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 25, 4:40*pm, Walt wrote:
My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Walt

Hi,

Try an 'oxy bleach', do a less conspicious bit first though.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Walt wrote:
My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Dliute catsuic soda? bleach?
Walt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Walt wrote:

My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Dilute boric acid is very effective on mould.

With any mould, it is important to have it well wetted before and
during removal. If any of it is dry, and you attempt to remove it,
the spores will go everywhere and growth starts all over again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Walt wrote:
My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Pressure washer & mould killer - Wickes do one.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-27, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Walt wrote:
My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.
I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Pressure washer & mould killer - Wickes do one.

Quelle coincidence. I pressure washed the deck yesterday, with
excellent results. All I have to do now is stop the pheasants
****ting on it. (

Pheasants ****ting or peasants sitting?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:40:02 -0500, Walt wrote:

My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.

Yes - this does tend to happen to organic stuff exposed to the
elements.

I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Petrol (if you can still afford it), followed by a flame.

Decking is, as a rule, pretty awful and is so passé. I much prefer a
real garden, weeds, couch grass and all...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:

Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Petrol (if you can still afford it), followed by a flame.

Ouch!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:40:02 -0500, Walt wrote:

My decking has a number of large patches of green "mould" -
mainly in the areas that stay damp longer.

Yes - this does tend to happen to organic stuff exposed to the
elements.

Happens to stone/concrete slabs as well.

I have tried scrubbing with plain water and soapy water but with
limited success.
Can anyone recommend a solution to use, please,

Petrol (if you can still afford it), followed by a flame.

Decking is, as a rule, pretty awful and is so passé. I much prefer a
real garden, weeds, couch grass and all...

Broken slabs, uneven concrete, different levels...

Decking is the new decking...

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Decking oil or Decking stain+presertive Mike P UK diy 12 July 4th 07 01:59 PM
Decking Dave UK diy 3 June 9th 07 12:57 PM
Decking [email protected] UK diy 8 May 9th 07 12:19 AM
Weird Blue/Green Stain in Bath - Removal? Tricky Dicky UK diy 7 May 14th 05 12:56 PM
FS: Green & Green book Rick Stein Woodworking 2 October 11th 03 03:59 AM