Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default vacuum cleaners

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can buy paper bags for Henry cheap as chips.
Which is fortunate
Not really. You don't actually have to use the bags at all on a
Henry.

Not for nomral household use, but for sucking up plaster dust they
are essencial.

And block within an incredibly short time :¬(

Filteration is all about stopping particles above a certain size. If a
Henry paper bag blocks rapidly it means its doing what it should do -
trapping smal particles instead of blowing them out all over the room.

I once sold a Sebo commercial twin motor upright vac to a farmers wife.
Farmer, four sons, three dogs - carpets were filthy, could have planted
spuds in them.

Anyone who has ever used a Sebo commercial twin motor upright will know they
are the mutts nuts. Best upright vac on the market bar none.

She called a week later to complain the the dust bag (5 litre) kept filling
up, much more often than her old vacs bag did. Took me half an hour to
explain that it was filling up because it was removing the dirt from her
carpets. She finally admitted that yes, the carpets had actually chaged
colour since she started using the Sebo.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can buy paper bags for Henry cheap as chips.
Which is fortunate
Not really. You don't actually have to use the bags at all on a
Henry.
Not for nomral household use, but for sucking up plaster dust they
are essencial.

And block within an incredibly short time :¬(

Filteration is all about stopping particles above a certain size. If a
Henry paper bag blocks rapidly it means its doing what it should do -
trapping smal particles instead of blowing them out all over the room.

Precisely.
That's why bagged cleaners are useless for any serious dust.
A cyclone removes the dust from the airstream, which is why it
carries on working.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

You can buy paper bags for Henry cheap as chips.
Which is fortunate
Not really. You don't actually have to use the bags at all on a
Henry.
Not for nomral household use, but for sucking up plaster dust they
are essencial.

And block within an incredibly short time :¬(

Filteration is all about stopping particles above a certain size.
If a Henry paper bag blocks rapidly it means its doing what it
should do - trapping smal particles instead of blowing them out all
over the room.

Precisely.
That's why bagged cleaners are useless for any serious dust.
A cyclone removes the dust from the airstream, which is why it
carries on working.

Cyclones are nothing new in commercial vacs, this USA machine has been
around since the 1960's to my knowledge.
http://www.monsterjanitorial.com/Nss...anger1450P.htm

The reason Dysons don't clog up is that the performance is so poor they
leave most of the dirt behind.

I frequently use customers vacs to clean up and with Dysons I often wonder
if they are actually working or not.

My daughter has just started a domestic cleaning business, first job she
started to use the clients Dyson & gave up. Came round to ours & borrowed
an Electrolux UZ934 tub vac to finish the job.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

In article
,
Richard Russell wrote:
Nevertheless, Dysons are excellent on the whole and people who
criticise them must either have been unlucky or have an axe to grind.

A neighbour who also cleans for me has had three Dysons to my one
Panasonic. Strange people get so passionate about a mere device used for
cleaning carpets, etc.

I was also impressed that I was easily able to buy a replacement part
for such an old machine.

I found it telling that a branch of Curries had a rack full of Dyson
spares on display. Only fast moving parts get that treatment.

I think the thing is that

1. Dyson spares are actually avaialable

2. All Dyson spares are easy to obtain, direct from the company

3. All Dyson spares can be fitted in a reasonably straightforward
manner ( no screws that can't be undone etc.)

We did have one, with a well-worthwhile 5-year parts and labour
guarantee. At the end of five years all that was left of the original
was the metal tubes and the dust container. Absolutely everything else
had been replaced, most of it more than once. Went through about half a
dozen trigger handles until I designed and fabricated my own replacement
which never needed replaced.

Currently usuing a Pamasonic. We insist on a bagless model. The
Panasonic is being treated as a throwaway -- 3 year warranty under which
it has already been replaced once before the first year was up.

OT-ish Vacuum cleaners Mogga UK diy 2 August 14th 07 08:02 PM
Bagless Vacuum Cleaners [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 14th 06 05:36 AM
automated vacuum cleaners janpan Home Ownership 3 August 16th 05 11:12 AM
Workshop Vacuum Cleaners Hamie UK diy 14 May 11th 05 02:07 AM