Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

janpan

Default automated vacuum cleaners

Who has recent experience with automated vacuum cleaners ?

Karcher RC3000 Robo Cleaner Robot Vacuum Cleaner
iRobot Roomba SE Robot Stofzuiger
Electrolux Trilobite ZA2
others
??

Are they functional ? do they clean properly,
Noise ??
Relaible ?
service ?

Please tell my your exeperience

DAC

A couple of co-workers have them and both have sent them back to the
MFG multiple times fo repairs/replacement. In the words of one
co-worker...NEVER AGAIN!, THEY'RE JUNK! By the way, her's was the
Roomba unit.

But then again, YMMV.

Good luck...

Darwin

Todd H.

The basic technical problem with these things (at lest the ones I've
seen) are all battery powered. And you simply can't get a great deal
of suction (i.e. effective cleaning) out of a battery powered unit the
size these are.

This is a similar reason for why home carpet cleaners can't compete
with truck-mounted pro steam behemoths.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Lucy

"Todd H." wrote in message ...

The basic technical problem with these things (at lest the ones I've
seen) are all battery powered. And you simply can't get a great deal
of suction (i.e. effective cleaning) out of a battery powered unit the
size these are.

This is a similar reason for why home carpet cleaners can't compete
with truck-mounted pro steam behemoths.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Agreed, Todd. I tried Roomba when it first came out. After a few days of
noticing it didn't pick up a piece of lint on the carpet.. even after it
rolled over it.. I got fed up with the thing, and tossed it.
They are nothing but gimmicks.. live and learn.
lucy

Workshop Vacuum Cleaners Hamie UK diy 14 May 11th 05 02:07 AM
Bagless vacuum cleaners Howard UK diy 48 February 25th 05 10:30 AM
vacuum cleaners.... I've gone through 3 eurekas already ! Rich Home Repair 10 February 14th 05 02:32 PM
Almost done with my home-made vacuum press. Anyone else done one? Joe Emenaker Woodworking 15 August 8th 04 12:23 AM