DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   automated vacuum cleaners (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/117106-automated-vacuum-cleaners.html)

janpan August 15th 05 08:18 PM

automated vacuum cleaners

Who has recent experience with automated vacuum cleaners ?

Karcher RC3000 Robo Cleaner Robot Vacuum Cleaner
iRobot Roomba SE Robot Stofzuiger
Electrolux Trilobite ZA2
others
??

Are they functional ? do they clean properly,
Noise ??
Relaible ?
service ?

Please tell my your exeperience

DAC August 15th 05 08:35 PM

A couple of co-workers have them and both have sent them back to the
MFG multiple times fo repairs/replacement. In the words of one
co-worker...NEVER AGAIN!, THEY'RE JUNK! By the way, her's was the
Roomba unit.

But then again, YMMV.

Good luck...

Darwin

Todd H. August 15th 05 08:59 PM

The basic technical problem with these things (at lest the ones I've
seen) are all battery powered. And you simply can't get a great deal
of suction (i.e. effective cleaning) out of a battery powered unit the
size these are.

This is a similar reason for why home carpet cleaners can't compete
with truck-mounted pro steam behemoths.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Lucy August 16th 05 11:12 AM

"Todd H." wrote in message ...

The basic technical problem with these things (at lest the ones I've
seen) are all battery powered. And you simply can't get a great deal
of suction (i.e. effective cleaning) out of a battery powered unit the
size these are.

This is a similar reason for why home carpet cleaners can't compete
with truck-mounted pro steam behemoths.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Agreed, Todd. I tried Roomba when it first came out. After a few days of
noticing it didn't pick up a piece of lint on the carpet.. even after it
rolled over it.. I got fed up with the thing, and tossed it.
They are nothing but gimmicks.. live and learn.
lucy