Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Seeking decent shower riser rail?

I need to replace my shower riser rail...

My current one came from Screwfix about 5 years ago - it's chrome
plated; don't know which model it was, but whatever, it was total
rubbish and has corroded very badly

http://tinyurl.com/3gq2c5 (or
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=00KRKTEAOTRCUCSTHZPCFEY?_dync harset=UTF-8&fh_search=shower+rail&action=compare&fh_secondid =37735&fh_secondid=69668&fh_secondid=30661&fh_seco ndid=53991)

So I want a non-corroding replacement - presumably what I need is
stainless steel? Or should a 'chrome' one (as per Screwfix) suffice?

Any reccomended models/sources would be mucho appreciated... I don't
want to buy another one which will do the same thing.

Thanks
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

I need to replace my shower riser rail...

My current one came from Screwfix about 5 years ago - it's chrome
plated; don't know which model it was, but whatever, it was total
rubbish and has corroded very badly

http://tinyurl.com/3gq2c5 (or
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=00KRKTEAOTRCUCSTHZPCFEY?_dync harset=UTF-8&fh_search=shower+rail&action=compare&fh_secondid =37735&fh_secondid=69668&fh_secondid=30661&fh_seco ndid=53991)

So I want a non-corroding replacement - presumably what I need is
stainless steel? Or should a 'chrome' one (as per Screwfix) suffice?

Any reccomended models/sources would be mucho appreciated... I don't
want to buy another one which will do the same thing.

Mine came from Lidl. It was cheap, but it looks fine and works well.
I bought it as a stopgap until I could find something better. Three
years later, it still looks fine - it is used by two people every day
- and I see no need to replace it.

The riser is chrome on metal and hasn't corroded. The brackets are
chromed plastic, but they are sturdy enough. I replaced the shower
head, which offered a variety of spray patterns including a pulsating
setting, only because I don't have enough water pressure. I found
something more suitable in Sainsbury's, of all places.

As always with Lidl and Aldi, you have to wait until these things come
around every few months. They aren't in stock at the moment.