Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Seeking Decent Precision Screwdriver Set

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Want the worl'd best?
https://www.tselectronic.com/wiha/so...b1 a918f30e3f

I bought crapsman for years then popped for a couple of these
wiha-softfinish screwdrivers. Had to throw all the other screwdrivers away.
you won't believe the difference,

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

Find yourself a Wiha set. I have the #75991 set and it is very high
quality (USA and German). Http://www.wihatools.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sears craftsman brand is not bad.

--

__
Roger Shoaf

Important factors in selecting a mate:
1] Depth of gene pool
2] Position on the food chain.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 6, 7:23 pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
I have a POS set something like this:http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

My wife got me a big screwdriver set several years ago. It included
the Stanley set in the yellow window box shown in the Amazon ad at the
URL you linked to. It is a set: Stanley 66-052 Precision Screwdriver
Set, 6-Piece. They get used both at home and at the plant and are
still working just fine.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

I'm happy with my set from Sears. Don't forget to get an itty-bitty hammer
to hit them with! ...and some itty-bitty band-aids for when you miss.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a set made by BERGEON - I've had it for decades, use it to work on
watches, - separate handle for each size tip, little tube of replacement
tips for each size - really nice

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DT DT is offline

In article ,
says...

I have a POS set something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Wiha drivers are terrific, I was just using mine today. I always enjoy even
looking at them as their neat cloth roll opens. Sears has a line that seems
pretty much like the Wiha. They are available singly, there should be a rack of
them at your local store.

--
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-12-07, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

These worked well for me, also, so far.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:33:47 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

Not laughing! I have a different set from HF that I've found to be
completely satisfactory, and I use them quite often.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:52:30 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

I'm happy with my set from Sears. Don't forget to get an itty-bitty hammer
to hit them with! ...and some itty-bitty band-aids for when you miss.

That's another nice thing about the sets from HF: they're disposable.
I use them as little prybars, chisels, whatever. I continue to be
amazed that my flagrant abuse doesn't seem to faze them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 19:23:41 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

Check Brownell's and maybe MidwayUSA for gunsmith screwdriver sets.
You didn't define how much money is too much, did you? No, you
didn't, mmm. G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wiha are great, have a set too - but they aren't "precision" - if precision
means tiny for jewlery and watches and stuff
what did the OP mean by Precision anyway, I won'der

"DT" wrote in message
news:NqedncFZcaoXecXanZ2dnUVZ_qTinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
In article ,
says...

I have a POS set something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Wiha drivers are terrific, I was just using mine today. I always enjoy
even
looking at them as their neat cloth roll opens. Sears has a line that
seems
pretty much like the Wiha. They are available singly, there should be a
rack of
them at your local store.

--
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DT wrote:

Wiha drivers are terrific, I was just using mine today.

Larray couldn't stand using them if I praise them too.
The WIHA PicoFinish line is what I have for tiny stuff. Great!

Besides having the robust and "normal" Wera screwdrivers.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Noble wrote:

Wiha are great, have a set too - but they aren't "precision"

Not precision?
http://www.wihatools.com/pro_Precision.htm

Then I don't know your requirements.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

http://doitbest.com/Screwdrivers-D-I...sku-319391.dib

My local doitbest hw dealer has been selling them for 14.97 for a year now.
I'm buying 5 more sets for gifts this year.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Roger Shoaf" wrote:

Sears craftsman brand is not bad.

The batch sears had in last year, had phillips with a flat on the point so
wide that you couldn't get an appropriate sized screw driver into the screw.
I bought 5 sets and took them back.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

Ive been using that exact set for work for at least 4 yrs. Still
havent broken one or messed up a Phillips

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:33:47 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
Richard J Kinch quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

Excellent! I thought I might have to move away from the $5 realm up to
one of the $17-30 sets. I think I saw the 47823 set in the local store
recently but that was before the current set started losing tips, so
it didn't dawn on me to buy them. The tips in my current metal set
start to loosen in the barrels so they slip upon encountering any kind
of tightness in screws. I like the concept of the torqueier bodies of
the 47823's rubberized plastic, too.

I have to meet a client in Medford next week and will swing by the HF
store while there. Thanks!

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:35:14 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"Roger Shoaf" wrote:

Sears craftsman brand is not bad.

The batch sears had in last year, had phillips with a flat on the point so
wide that you couldn't get an appropriate sized screw driver into the screw.
I bought 5 sets and took them back.

Now you know better than to fool with the likes of Searz, I hope?

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:52:30 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

I'm happy with my set from Sears. Don't forget to get an itty-bitty hammer
to hit them with! ...and some itty-bitty band-aids for when you miss.

Except for references to Searz, using hammers on screwdrivers (which
are obviously prying tools), and not specifying fabric bandaids, that
advice was, as usual, Tawm, excellent. Thanks.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:00:28 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

wrote:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

Check Brownell's and maybe MidwayUSA for gunsmith screwdriver sets.
You didn't define how much money is too much, did you? No, you
didn't, mmm. G

All the commas in Brownell's prices mean that their sets are
definitely too high, thanks, wicked person.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 04:34:23 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

wrote:

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

Ive been using that exact set for work for at least 4 yrs. Still
havent broken one or messed up a Phillips

Thanks to all who replied. Yes, I wanted precision (jeweler's)
screwdriver sizes and have decided to try out the HF set first.

If it doesn't work for me, I'll move up to one of the General or Wiha
sets, if Wiha makes small drivers (00 and 0 phillips for eyeglasses
and small electronics back plates.) Links were for larger sizes.

Thanks again, all.

ATTN: Nick, if you're reading this from Germany and whining about it,
FOAD,A. It's on-topic, despite your penchant for causing people to
rebel and go OT. No reply necessary since you've been plonked for
years, ever since you started the incessant whining. I see people
still quoting your sniveling to this day. sigh Get a life, eh?
And stop posting off-topic whines.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

If it doesn't work for me, I'll move up to one of the General or Wiha
sets, if Wiha makes small drivers (00 and 0 phillips for eyeglasses
and small electronics back plates.) Links were for larger sizes.

Whia makes virtually every tip shape and size, I think. I know that my
selection if teeny tiny torx for getting into bleeping laptop computers
are mostly Whia, and they are good stuff. My present set of small
phillips and flat, not so much - I've sheared the tips off some (too
hard) and bent others (too soft). Time for a decent replacement.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

If it doesn't work for me, I'll move up to one of the General or Wiha
sets, if Wiha makes small drivers (00 and 0 phillips for eyeglasses
and small electronics back plates.) Links were for larger sizes.

Whia makes virtually every tip shape and size, I think. I know that my
selection if teeny tiny torx for getting into bleeping laptop computers
are mostly Whia, and they are good stuff. My present set of small
phillips and flat, not so much - I've sheared the tips off some (too
hard) and bent others (too soft). Time for a decent replacement.

The Wiha set I noted is the 27 piece 4mm interchangeable bit set, which
contains Phillips down to #000, slotted down to 1.5mm, hex down to
..050", and Torx down to T3.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

#000 Phillips isn't a "precision" size? .050" Hex? T3 Torx?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:27:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 6, 7:23 pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
I have a POS set something like this:http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

My wife got me a big screwdriver set several years ago. It included
the Stanley set in the yellow window box shown in the Amazon ad at the
URL you linked to. It is a set: Stanley 66-052 Precision Screwdriver
Set, 6-Piece. They get used both at home and at the plant and are
still working just fine.

Paul

I have a Stanley set too, looks the same as the link Larry
gave from Amazon with the same part number (66-039). They
were made in Taiwan and are ~10 years old. I've cranked on
them pretty hard and so far they have held up.

Hey Larry, where were yours made and how old are they?

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:56:34 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon
Fisk quickly quoth:

wrote:

[...]

2 years old from www.widgetsupply.com here in Oregano, but I don't see
the set listed any more. I rally shouldn't have called the set a POS
because it was my abuse which led to their demise, but I expected more
of them. The tips held up well, the mark of a good driver.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:38:39 -0800, William Noble wrote:
I have a set made by BERGEON - I've had it for decades, use it to work on
watches, - separate handle for each size tip, little tube of replacement
tips for each size - really nice

Bondhus, bought from my local gun store. I also have a set of (mumble)
that I bought from either dillonprecision or midway.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 6, 8:23 pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
I have a POS set something like this:http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4
but would prefer something which won't keep falling apart.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

TIA

--
Instant Gratification Takes Too Long!
-------------------------------------

Good and not much money seem to be mutually exclusive. If you want
GOOD drivers, go get a set of Starrett jeweler's screwdrivers. Have
replaceable blades, too. That's if you make money taking small things
apart.

For hauling around, I've got a an HF set that works for a lot of
electronic stuff, this one is what I've been using lately:
Can take a laptop apart with it and the crosspoints don't wear off
doing it. Commonly discounted down to $6. The case isn't that
durable, the hinges go. The driver and bits seem to be decent
quality, which counts more. Not magnetic, the bits latch in
mechanically. Good for some things, not for others. Fix is to get a
small rare earth magnet and stick it onto the bit.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2007-12-07, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:

[ ... ]

Thanks to all who replied. Yes, I wanted precision (jeweler's)
screwdriver sizes and have decided to try out the HF set first.

If it doesn't work for me, I'll move up to one of the General or Wiha
sets, if Wiha makes small drivers (00 and 0 phillips for eyeglasses
and small electronics back plates.) Links were for larger sizes.

I just reached into my belt pouch, and pulled out (among others)
a WIHA PH00x40 and two WIHA PH0x50, along with a 2,5x50 and a 3,0x50
(they use commas where we use decimal points) straightblade, and a 269
UTG/ 04mm (reversible hex-shanked tip in a hex collet -- Phillips 1 on
one end and 4.0 straight blade on the other end. The numbers on the
straight blades are the width in millimeters. The "x40" and "x50"
numbers on the others seem to be the length of the exposed shank in mm,
from handle to tip.

I've also used and like the Starrett sets of Jeweler's
screwdrivers -- in particular I use them for scraping rust off
concertina reeds, since they seem to be the hardest tips of any that
I've used.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Now you know better than to fool with the likes of Searz, I hope?

Sears is fine for sockets and end wrenches. Brother just picked up a
snowblower today at Sears. Wasn't a lot of fun hauling my 5x8 trailer over
with my saturn sl1 in the snow though. Looked like a decent blower. Mine I
purchased 20 years ago at same Sears store is still going strong.

Washing machines and dryers aren't too bad there either. Wouldn't buy a
table saw or router from them though. As always caveat emptor.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 02:53:14 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Now you know better than to fool with the likes of Searz, I hope?

Sears is fine for sockets and end wrenches. Brother just picked up a
snowblower today at Sears. Wasn't a lot of fun hauling my 5x8 trailer over
with my saturn sl1 in the snow though. Looked like a decent blower. Mine I
purchased 20 years ago at same Sears store is still going strong.

Washing machines and dryers aren't too bad there either. Wouldn't buy a
table saw or router from them though. As always caveat emptor.

Yes, caveat emptor.

I learned the Searz lesson back in the late 70s, giving my pound of
flesh (literally) and gallon of blood to the Crapsman gods. Never
again for me, and I'll continue to caution those bright enough to
listen.

I boycott anything Searz. Why reward the assholes of the world?

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Now you know better than to fool with the likes of Searz, I hope?

Sears is fine for sockets and end wrenches. Brother just picked up a
snowblower today at Sears. Wasn't a lot of fun hauling my 5x8 trailer over
with my saturn sl1 in the snow though. Looked like a decent blower. Mine
purchased 20 years ago at same Sears store is still going strong.

Washing machines and dryers aren't too bad there either. Wouldn't buy a
table saw or router from them though. As always caveat emptor.

Yes, caveat emptor.

I learned the Searz lesson back in the late 70s, giving my pound of
flesh (literally) and gallon of blood to the Crapsman gods. Never
again for me, and I'll continue to caution those bright enough to
listen.

Funny you should say that. I recall early (mid 50's) Sears with fondness,
but, like you, had a rather bitter attitude towards them by the 70's.

What the hell has happened in our society where profit has become the only
objective-----even at the expense of losing good and proper service, plus
raising the price on lower quality?

Like you, I've boycotted Sears, although I find myself shopping there on
rare occasions, primarily because we have so few choices in our small
community.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:05:24 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:56:34 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon
Fisk quickly quoth:

I have a Stanley set too, looks the same as the link Larry
gave from Amazon with the same part number (66-039). They
were made in Taiwan and are ~10 years old. I've cranked on
them pretty hard and so far they have held up.

Hey Larry, where were yours made and how old are they?

2 years old from www.widgetsupply.com here in Oregano, but I don't see
the set listed any more. I rally shouldn't have called the set a POS
because it was my abuse which led to their demise, but I expected more
of them. The tips held up well, the mark of a good driver.

I was really curious if your set was made in Taiwan like
mine or if maybe they switched sourcing to China.

I tried looking at the image on Amazon's page but couldn't
make out that part of the image. My set was marked on the
red half of the plastic box towards the top.

A lot of odds & ends that were made in Taiwan a few years
ago seem to be better quality than the China stuff is today
(shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. net...

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

They just want to stay in business. How much longer they'll be able to do
that is now in question.

If you have a better business model for them, one that will really work, I'm
sure they'd be all ears. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:58:30 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon
Fisk quickly quoth:

I was really curious if your set was made in Taiwan like
mine or if maybe they switched sourcing to China.

I'm almost certain it was a Chinese product.

I tried looking at the image on Amazon's page but couldn't
make out that part of the image. My set was marked on the
red half of the plastic box towards the top.

If you have Mozilla Firefox, download the image color/zooming widget,
Colorzilla. Berry berry handy!

A lot of odds & ends that were made in Taiwan a few years
ago seem to be better quality than the China stuff is today
(shrug).

Today was the last day of the coupon to get a flooring nailer for
$109, so I bit the bullet and went to Mudford for it.

I thought the 93916 set looked great for $10 and got it today at HF.
Also picked up a $2 set, 47823 which everyone had said was good. The
latter will live in the truck with me.

I think I'm covered, precision screwdriverwise, now.

Thanks, y'all.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 13:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip
I'm almost certain it was a Chinese product.

No biggy, would be curious to know though. It seems like one
has to be careful replacing things with what appears to be
like parts nowadays. The old tool worked good, the new
replacement with the same part number is crap...

I tried looking at the image on Amazon's page but couldn't
make out that part of the image. My set was marked on the
red half of the plastic box towards the top.

If you have Mozilla Firefox, download the image color/zooming widget,
Colorzilla. Berry berry handy!

I'm an Opera user. Have been for ~10 years or so. I wouldn't
want to downgrade to Firefox at this point, not to mention
it won't run on this computer anyway I just chuck images
like that at Irfanview and manipulate it there. I have
several neat plugins that I've scrounged which work well.
They only had a thumbnail size image though, even when you
clicked on the Larger image link.

I thought the 93916 set looked great for $10 and got it today at HF.
Also picked up a $2 set, 47823 which everyone had said was good. The
latter will live in the truck with me.

I'll probably pick up the 47823 set sometime too. One can
never have too many little screwdrivers around.

I have a nice set of S-K precision screwdrivers bought years
ago that look an awful lot like the Wiha sets. Sometimes the
Stanley set works/fits better and sometimes one from the S-K
set does (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Electric Screwdriver Grunff UK diy 3 May 8th 07 01:32 PM
Electric Screwdriver Andy Hall UK diy 0 May 8th 07 10:27 AM
Precision John Grossbohlin Woodworking 9 March 24th 06 01:54 PM
OT - Seeking Recommendations for a Decent Weed Wacker (Metal Content) Lane Metalworking 26 December 2nd 05 06:27 PM
torque screwdriver Eric and Megan Swope Home Repair 7 March 30th 05 01:39 PM