Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Seeking Decent Precision Screwdriver Set

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Larry Jaques writes:

I have a POS set something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2ledv4

Yeah, I never understood who came up with the lame idea that knurling
shafts about as thick as vermicelli was a good way to harness hand torque.

Who makes a GOOD small phillips and flat set for not too much money?

Don't laugh, but this item has been serving me well:

Tough, well formed tips. You can lean on the swivel end while twisting on
the fat rubber barrel to apply a lot of torque.

When the ones I posted about went up in price at my local store, I ordered 6
of these from Harbor Freight and for 2 bucks a set I am overwhelmed. Great
stocking stuffers.

I also picked up a two sets of rolling head prys since using two sizes out
of one set often doesn't work out so well.

Wes

Electric Screwdriver Grunff UK diy 3 May 8th 07 01:32 PM
Electric Screwdriver Andy Hall UK diy 0 May 8th 07 10:27 AM
Precision John Grossbohlin Woodworking 9 March 24th 06 01:54 PM
OT - Seeking Recommendations for a Decent Weed Wacker (Metal Content) Lane Metalworking 26 December 2nd 05 06:27 PM
torque screwdriver Eric and Megan Swope Home Repair 7 March 30th 05 01:39 PM