Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default External Structural Wood Glue

What has gone wrong with this group ... This used to be such a good group
with low spam ratio.

Not been here much lately and now find of full of SPAM & Flames, full of
adverts.

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external structural
joinery (6x6 and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are tanalized, so must be
able to work on treated wood

In the past I have opted for Cascamite .. it is reasonably gap filling,
strong & waterproof. (and expensive)
But as I have been using Cascamite for more than 25 years has the technology
moved on ... is there something better ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external structural
joinery (6x6 and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are tanalized, so must be
able to work on treated wood

In the past I have opted for Cascamite .. it is reasonably gap filling,
strong & waterproof. (and expensive)
But as I have been using Cascamite for more than 25 years has the
technology
moved on ... is there something better ?

I've used Gorilla Glue successfully on (much smaller) joinery on a fence
made from tanalised wood

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external structural
joinery (6x6 and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are tanalized, so must be
able to work on treated wood

In the past I have opted for Cascamite .. it is reasonably gap filling,
strong & waterproof. (and expensive)
But as I have been using Cascamite for more than 25 years has the
technology
moved on ... is there something better ?

I've used Gorilla Glue successfully on (much smaller) joinery on a fence
made from tanalised wood

I used Screwfix polyurethane wood glue (of the foaming variety) to stuck
together pairs of 4x2 tanalised timbers to create 4x4 posts for a
pergola. This has been up and in good condition for the last 12 years so
I think it's an acceptable technique.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:
What has gone wrong with this group ... This used to be such a good
group with low spam ratio.

Not been here much lately and now find of full of SPAM & Flames, full
of adverts.

Now the question, I need a very strong wood glue for external
structural joinery (6x6 and 12x4 timbers) ... all timbers are
tanalized, so must be able to work on treated wood

I've used Everbuild Pinkgrip Woodbond D4 in the past & found it very good
http://www.realoakfloors.co.uk/pinkgrip_woodbond_d4.php - although I bought
mine from Toolstation - much cheaper.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman