Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Planning Permission for Driveways

Hi all

Does anyone have a link for the planning-permission-for-driveways fiasco
please?
I currently have a planning application in for fence construction. The
fence version submitted is a re-hash so I am running out of time for
submitting further amendments within a year of original (to avoid payment of
complete new submission at £100+).
Is the driveway something I can tag on to the existing application, or are
the details of planning requirement not finalised yet?
My drive works will be a straight replacement for existing damaged/poorly
laid pavers so the area will not change - need to know if this makes a
difference to likelihood of drive scheme being passed.

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone have a link for the planning-permission-for-driveways fiasco
please?
I currently have a planning application in for fence construction. The
fence version submitted is a re-hash so I am running out of time for
submitting further amendments within a year of original (to avoid payment of
complete new submission at £100+).
Is the driveway something I can tag on to the existing application, or are
the details of planning requirement not finalised yet?
My drive works will be a straight replacement for existing damaged/poorly
laid pavers so the area will not change - need to know if this makes a
difference to likelihood of drive scheme being passed.

TIA

Phil

It has to go to the highways people who check the safety angle, also the
tree preservation officials. My application was encouraged by the
highways as it made it much safer (which was the idea), however it was
rejected because the tree bods thought that it "may" damage the roots of
trees with a preservation order on them. Trees before people it seems!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:35:16 +0100, a particular chimpanzee,
"TheScullster" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

I currently have a planning application in for fence construction. The
fence version submitted is a re-hash so I am running out of time for
submitting further amendments within a year of original (to avoid payment of
complete new submission at £100+).
Is the driveway something I can tag on to the existing application, or are
the details of planning requirement not finalised yet?
My drive works will be a straight replacement for existing damaged/poorly
laid pavers so the area will not change - need to know if this makes a
difference to likelihood of drive scheme being passed.

Looking on the Planning Portal website, driveways and patios don't
need permission. I presume you're referring to an item I caught the
tail end of on the BBC's Breakfast a few days ago; something about
complaints that too much hard paving causes water run-off rather than
being attenuated by the ground. I didn't hear whether there was talk
of bringing driveways into the realm of Planning.

All I would say is that these things are very rarely retrospective, so
if you built or even commenced your driveway before any change in the
requirements, then it's highly unlikely you would need to apply for
PP, much less be required to rip it up.

However, IANAPlanner, so if you're already dealing with 'em, just ring
up and ask the question.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Do I need Planning permission? [email protected] UK diy 12 October 27th 07 08:55 AM
Expiring planning permission Andrew Mawson UK diy 8 May 24th 07 07:27 AM
Will I ever get planning permission??? [email protected] UK diy 5 December 8th 05 02:30 AM
Planning Permission Rick Dipper UK diy 3 November 15th 04 08:50 AM
Planning Permission for a conservatory Dougie Nisbet UK diy 8 August 9th 04 12:56 PM