Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Planning Permission for Driveways

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone have a link for the planning-permission-for-driveways fiasco
please?
I currently have a planning application in for fence construction. The
fence version submitted is a re-hash so I am running out of time for
submitting further amendments within a year of original (to avoid payment of
complete new submission at £100+).
Is the driveway something I can tag on to the existing application, or are
the details of planning requirement not finalised yet?
My drive works will be a straight replacement for existing damaged/poorly
laid pavers so the area will not change - need to know if this makes a
difference to likelihood of drive scheme being passed.

TIA

Phil

It has to go to the highways people who check the safety angle, also the
tree preservation officials. My application was encouraged by the
highways as it made it much safer (which was the idea), however it was
rejected because the tree bods thought that it "may" damage the roots of
trees with a preservation order on them. Trees before people it seems!