Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default Fixing washing machine leak

On 8 Apr, 12:52, Stuart Noble wrote:
AnthonyL wrote:
The AEG Lavamat 610 washing machine has developed a leak from the
flexible hose connection to the soap tray.

I've taken it apart and used PTFE tape. This worked on an empty wash
so I was quite pleased with myself but after doing a full wash there
was water on the floor again this morning, albeit a much smaller
amount.

Is there an easy way to make a better seal? The flexible hose is
otherwise in good condition and I am reluctant to take it off at the
drum as it is hard to get to, it is not leaking there and I can
imagine I'll have problems getting it back on. A repair man is likely
to end up costing £60+ so I'm reluctant to take that route either.

Many thanks

You could try silicone with a sellotape bandage to hold it in place till
it cures. It worked for me on a WM flexible waste pipe (much to my surprise)

if using silicone - thoroughly wash down the parts you want to "glue"
with meths first and allow to dry - (to try & remove soap, scum etc)

hope it helps
Jim

Washing Machine worth fixing? H Home Repair 25 September 29th 07 04:18 AM
washing machine leak ? Me Home Repair 2 January 3rd 05 04:55 AM
washing machine leak? Me Home Repair 2 January 2nd 05 01:19 PM
Washing machine leak - Help please BigBird UK diy 3 October 18th 04 11:56 AM
Fixing washing machine? Mark S. UK diy 15 October 16th 04 07:53 PM