Me

Default washing machine leak?

Is it normal for a small amount of water to be under a washing machine after
it completes, or is that a sign to call the repairman ?

I noticed a good amount of water, I can't tell if it's from when it went off
balance. I wiped it up, did a regular load, and noticed a few drops on the
floor.

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Me wrote:
Is it normal for a small amount of water to be under a washing

machine after
it completes,

Nope.

or is that a sign to call the repairman ?

Sure, or have a peek yourself.

I noticed a good amount of water, I can't tell if it's from when it

went off
balance. I wiped it up, did a regular load, and noticed a few drops

on the
floor.

A fairly quick way to narrow down where to look for a leak, place a
sheet of cardboard under the washer ( it should be almost as big as the
washer ) and run a short cycle. When the washer is finished, look for
the stained/wet spot on the cardboard, this will help point you in what
direction to look for where the leak is coming
from...front...back...right side...left side.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Mikepier

If you can gain access to look at the bottom of the washer as it
operates you might be able to see the culprit. It might be something
simple as a hose clamp. But if its leaking out of the water pump, it
might need servicing.

blocks of stuff in drain out of washing machine dave @ stejonda UK diy 7 July 23rd 04 01:09 AM
leaking washing machine ron UK diy 3 July 9th 04 04:19 PM
Box/Valve to prevent washing machine hose break and flooding? kevins_news2 Home Repair 19 April 27th 04 05:16 PM
Washing machine not washing Carl Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 05:32 PM
Problems with Siemens Washing Machine WM53661BY Mohammed Farooq UK diy 0 November 6th 03 12:21 PM