Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MFI bathrooms (Jacuzzi UK)

WARNING:- DON’T DEAL WITH THESE COMPANIES (MFI -- Jacuzzi UK)

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics. I called
"Mark two II" and they said that the seals would not be covered by the
guarantee and that I would have to contact Jacuzzi UK who manufacture/
supply the shower units to MFI. I called Jacuzzi UK and first
impressions were OK although they confirmed that they would not
replace the seals FOC. (claiming that they had no control over what
detergents we had used in/on the shower so could not guarantee the
seals). However, I was able to order replacement seals and after some
discussion around the fact that non of the paper work or wording on
the guarantee specifically excluded the seals I placed an order. I was
told that it could take up to 10 days for the seals to arrive but that
was the extreme case and they would typically be delivered in much
less than that.

The cash was deducted from my debit card the next day and about 4 days
later I received a letter confirming my order. Two weeks later and no
sign of the seals I rang them again and was informed the order had
been forgotten and they would have to re-order. Another 2 weeks have
gone by and still no sign of the seals.

So my advice is -DO NOT buy BATHROOM EQUIPMENT from MFI or JACUZZI UK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/03/2008 11:27 ac1951 wrote:

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics.

You bought from MFI, your contract is with MFI, MFI should sort it out.
If 'Mark two II', or anyone else, need to be involved then MFI should
talk to them, not you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 20, 11:34*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 20/03/2008 11:27 ac1951 wrote:

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics.

You bought from MFI, your contract is with MFI, MFI should sort it out.
If 'Mark two II', or anyone else, need to be involved then MFI should
talk to them, not you.

Totally agree with your points but I need to get the job fixed so I
cannot waste time auguing with them. However, this has left me feeling
I've been stitched up and hence I reverted (reluctantly) to letting
everybody I know what a shower of **** MFI and Jacuzzi UK are.......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 20, 11:27*am, ac1951 wrote:
So my advice is *-DO NOT buy BATHROOM EQUIPMENT from MFI or JACUZZI UK

A bought a load of stuff from Homebase that was also Jacuzzi and had
few problems. A few bits were missing which was put right by a quick
'phone call.

I would certainly buy through Homebase again, if I could get the same
kind of deal I had last time.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 20, 11:34*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 20/03/2008 11:27 ac1951 wrote:

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics.

You bought from MFI, your contract is with MFI, MFI should sort it out.
If 'Mark two II', or anyone else, need to be involved then MFI should
talk to them, not you.

Statutory rights under the sale of goods act are, indeed, through MFI
but claims under guarantee need to be according to the terms of the
guarantee.

It's perfectly feasible that a guarantee may give redress over and
above that available through the SOGA.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:19:40 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Mar 20, 11:34*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 20/03/2008 11:27 ac1951 wrote:

I bought an expensive walk-in shower unit from MFI which had a10 year
guarantee.
After 3 years the seals between the glass panels and the aluminium
frame have deteriorated.

I contacted MFI who told me that I would have to contact "Mark two II"
because they deal with all the deliveries and logistics.

You bought from MFI, your contract is with MFI, MFI should sort it out.
If 'Mark two II', or anyone else, need to be involved then MFI should
talk to them, not you.

Statutory rights under the sale of goods act are, indeed, through MFI
but claims under guarantee need to be according to the terms of the
guarantee.

It's perfectly feasible that a guarantee may give redress over and
above that available through the SOGA.

MFI are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Legal action is the
only way to get them to do anything IMHO.

Work out the cost to fix the problems and send a letter to MFI asking
for this amount (mention the SOGA). Send it registered post. They
will almost certainly ignore your letter. Then make a claim via the
Small Claims court. They will then pay up.

M.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Seals finally arrived ............
Now the next problem :-(
There are no fitting instructions in the pack and I didn't take note
of which way round the ones I removed were.

Basically the seals form a wedge construction which is a 90 degree
triangle and the sloping side is ribbed.
The Aluninium uprights have a slot from top to bottom into which the
glass sits the seal is then pushed between the glass and aluminium
frame uprights.
Question is does the ribbed section fit against the glass or the
aluminium ?
Also, does anyone know of any special tecnique or tool for pushing the
seal in ?

Andy

cantilevered jacuzzi again Art Home Repair 1 July 25th 07 02:26 AM
jacuzzi purchasing help gary Home Ownership 11 December 6th 05 02:13 AM
Jacuzzi/LOWES Jet tub tr Home Repair 1 July 17th 05 02:41 AM
anyone built a hot tub (jacuzzi) ? cowboy Home Repair 4 June 26th 05 08:41 PM
jacuzzi James Home Ownership 0 June 13th 04 08:44 AM