Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cloud 9 Underlay which way up?

I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

Cheers

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As the
brown face on your picture is similar to ''waffle' underlay I presume my
carpet fitters laid it correctly, after all they do it every day and I
don't!

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As
the brown face on your picture is similar to ''waffle' underlay I presume
my carpet fitters laid it correctly, after all they do it every day and I
don't!

That should of course say coloured!

Cheers

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

When I had mine laid 3 years ago the 'coulored' face was uppermost. As
the brown face on your picture is similar to ''waffle' underlay I presume
my carpet fitters laid it correctly, after all they do it every day and I
don't!

Thanks John but I'm not really sure what side up you mean when you say
coloured face uppermost?

The brown in the picture where it says "cloud" is actually backing paper as
opposed to waffle.
It's the same backing paper on waffle underlay and on waffle underlay it
says "this side up" so that's why I presumed looking at the picture it
should be "cloud" facing up!

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

Well I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it
into position. The carpet fitter did not comment on it, either.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

Well I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it
into position. The carpet fitter did not comment on it, either.

Thanks John.

I've only laid mine out but when walking over it there seems to be a
crunching noise. Did you notice anything similar with yours?

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

Cheers

Steven.

http://tinyurl.com/2wtaex

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:
I guess the "Cloud 9" writing should be uppermost after it has been laid
but
can't find anywhere to confirm this?
Anyone know for definite?

http://www.carpet-underlay-shop.co.u...cumulus_01.jpg

Well I laid mine cloud up, but that does mean you can't just unroll it
into position. The carpet fitter did not comment on it, either.

Thanks John.

I've only laid mine out but when walking over it there seems to be a
crunching noise. Did you notice anything similar with yours?

You get a slight rustle from the backing paper / plastic film on the
face of it - but you can't hear that when the carpet is down.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Steven Campbell, Alan Chapman wrote:
Makers website for a similar product says:
"Top Surface: Printed stitch bonded white crepe paper. Underside: Spun bonded
non-woven fabric." Seems to confirm crepe paper side is designed to be
uppermost.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...up-465560-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 14:14, Alan Chapman wrote:
replying to Steven Campbell, Alan Chapman wrote:
Makers website for a similar product says:
"Top Surface: Printed stitch bonded white crepe paper. Underside: Spun
bonded
non-woven fabric." Seems to confirm crepe paper side is designed to be
uppermost.

I am sure he will be relived to get that underlay down after waiting 11
years...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its no good moaning at the people its the bloody stupid sorting system on
that silly usenet portal that sorts stuff in month no matter what year it
was.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/04/2019 14:14, Alan Chapman wrote:
replying to Steven Campbell, Alan Chapman wrote:
Makers website for a similar product says:
"Top Surface: Printed stitch bonded white crepe paper. Underside: Spun
bonded
non-woven fabric." Seems to confirm crepe paper side is designed to be
uppermost.

I am sure he will be relived to get that underlay down after waiting 11
years...

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 09:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its no good moaning at the people its the bloody stupid sorting system on
that silly usenet portal that sorts stuff in month no matter what year it
was.
Brian

If it's any consolation Brian, the NS&I website sorts the
premium bond winners using the same 'algorithm' !!.

eg, look at high value winners, click on 'date purchased'
and you get this :-

£5,000 68GP030231 £40,000 Dorset £2,000 Sep-96
£100,000 312DH340007 £20,000 Hants&IoW £20,000 Sep-17
£10,000 310VJ799932 £20,000 Cheshire £18,500 Sep-17
..
..