Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing bits of C pipework.

My central heating system is currently piped using microbore (8mm)
copper pipe.
As I decorate each room, I will be renewing the radiators, and would
like to fit 15mm copper to the valves and connect this to the
microbore under the floor using a reducer. (re-piping the entire
system is outwith the scope of the project!).

Could this cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Feb, 16:15, "diy-newby" wrote:
wrote in message

My central heating system is currently piped using microbore (8mm)
copper pipe.
As I decorate each room, I will be renewing the radiators, and would
like to fit 15mm copper to the valves and connect this to the
microbore under the floor using a reducer. (re-piping the entire
system is outwith the scope of the project!).

Could this cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mark.

Why?

Why might it cause problems?
Or why am I doing it?

Mark.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

My central heating system is currently piped using microbore (8mm)
copper pipe.
As I decorate each room, I will be renewing the radiators, and would
like to fit 15mm copper to the valves and connect this to the
microbore under the floor using a reducer. (re-piping the entire
system is outwith the scope of the project!).

Could this cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mark.

Why?

Why might it cause problems?
Or why am I doing it?

Mark.

Sorry, why are you doing it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

My central heating system is currently piped using microbore (8mm)
copper pipe.
As I decorate each room, I will be renewing the radiators, and would
like to fit 15mm copper to the valves and connect this to the
microbore under the floor using a reducer. (re-piping the entire
system is outwith the scope of the project!).

Could this cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mark.

Why?

Why might it cause problems?
Or why am I doing it?

Mark.

Sorry, why are you doing it?

I would guess it is that the 8mm bore looks crap, bends when hit with a
vacuum cleaner and you are limited to the choice of valves should you need
to replace them.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

My central heating system is currently piped using microbore (8mm)
copper pipe.
As I decorate each room, I will be renewing the radiators, and would
like to fit 15mm copper to the valves and connect this to the
microbore under the floor using a reducer. (re-piping the entire
system is outwith the scope of the project!).

Could this cause any problems?

Thanks,
Mark.

Why?

Why might it cause problems?
Or why am I doing it?

Mark.

Sorry, why are you doing it?- Hide quoted text -

2 main reasons for doing it - (1) the microbore is not "straight" - it
curves out of the floor and attaches to the values - looks a bit messy
- and it's caked in years worth of paint, and (2) when removing the
rad for decorating, the 8mm pipes are very very easy to bend and cause
a leak.

Mark.

pipework insulation VisionSet UK diy 1 September 11th 06 12:57 PM
Routing of DHW pipework Mr Fizzion UK diy 1 August 24th 05 11:07 PM
Replacing CH pipework. W UK diy 2 November 15th 04 03:40 PM
Noisy pipework John Anderton UK diy 2 August 18th 04 09:21 PM
Steel gas pipework and new copper pipework David Hearn UK diy 5 February 5th 04 04:41 PM