Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pipework insulation

What insulation is a corgi chappy interested in to sign off a boiler
install? I'm guessing frost protection of cold mains, but other than that?

Most of my pipework is under the floor, so obviously it all needs
insulation to keep my bills down, and reduce the number of times I need to
run off the entire hot tap water leg. But I'll do that in my own time,
what specifically is corgi interested in?

--
Mike W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:16:06 +0100, me9 wrote:

On 11 Sep,
visionset wrote:

What insulation is a corgi chappy interested in to sign off a boiler
install? I'm guessing frost protection of cold mains, but other than that?

Most of my pipework is under the floor, so obviously it all needs
insulation to keep my bills down, and reduce the number of times I need to
run off the entire hot tap water leg. But I'll do that in my own time,
what specifically is corgi interested in?

at least one metre on all pipes to/from the hot water cylinder. See the
approved document.

Part L? Can find no mention in J or L

It is a combi boiler, no cylinder. I am talking about what *must* be
insulated below my floor of the 7 connections to the boiler. Of which I
suspect only Flow, return, hot out, cold in are possibles.

--
Mike W

Insulation Sasha Home Repair 4 October 30th 05 08:13 PM
doubling attic insulation - does it help? [email protected] Home Repair 22 October 21st 05 03:55 AM
Idea for crawl INSULATION falling down aaa Home Repair 12 July 16th 04 09:36 PM
Replacing attic insulation Bruce E. Harang II Home Repair 8 June 14th 04 10:08 AM
Loft insulation David Hearn UK diy 26 November 10th 03 08:17 PM