Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Curiousity - Bathroom Fans

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message news:...

"the_constructor" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity, are 12V timer fans noisier than 240V fans....?

I got a 12V fan and my neighbour nearly jumps out of her skin when it is
switched on.

I installed it correctly a few months ago but after a week I disconnected
it.

It must be bad though because I can hear it downstairs through 3 closed
doors.

The fan is from Screwfix....

James

I have a screwfix ceiling mounted bathroom fan that plugs into a 4ins duct
which extracts through the pine end of the bungalow. In order to reduce
the awful noise it generates, I have been looking for an externally
mounted fan which would, I believe reduce the noise level.
I have failed to find a fan in the UK but have found an American one which
would do the business if I could find an European or better still a
British agent which could supply a 240V model.
I have a link to the Fan as follows:
http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Sorry, the link in the first message is wrong, I left out the htm at the
end. The correct link is in the second message i.e.

http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Sorry, the link in the first message is wrong, I left out the htm at the
end. The correct link is in the second message i.e.

http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

Just a point when planning fans - if the fan will extract X cubic feet of
air per minute - then you need to make sure that this air is going to be
replaced from somewhere.
Fitting a fan in a sealed room just does next to nothing.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
Sorry, the link in the first message is wrong, I left out the htm at the
end. The correct link is in the second message i.e.

http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

Just a point when planning fans - if the fan will extract X cubic feet of
air per minute - then you need to make sure that this air is going to be
replaced from somewhere.
Fitting a fan in a sealed room just does next to nothing.

Its generally allowed for with a 'leaky door' or a grille in the door or
internal wall..if its well sealed.

Curiousity - Bathroom Fans the_constructor UK diy 18 March 1st 08 06:34 AM
Bathroom fans franz frippl Home Repair 15 September 12th 07 07:29 PM
Bathroom fans Sparks UK diy 10 September 15th 06 01:11 AM
Bathroom Fans David Gale Home Repair 35 August 29th 04 08:14 AM
Showers & Fans in Bathroom Richard Faulkner UK diy 4 October 28th 03 12:37 PM