Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Automatic switching of porch light

I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion detector in
it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch plastered with a
proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in for a pendant light but
can I get a light fitting with a motion detector in it.
Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay switches that you
get in houses with bedsits.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Zen83237" wrote in message
I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion detector in
it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch plastered with a
proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in for a pendant light but
can I get a light fitting with a motion detector in it.
Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay switches that you
get in houses with bedsits.

Kevin

Mount this inside the porch and wire it to the light.

http://tinyurl.com/2p2v3c

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zen83237 wrote:
I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion
detector in it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch
plastered with a proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in
for a pendant light but can I get a light fitting with a motion
detector in it. Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay
switches that
you get in houses with bedsits.

Use a dawn dusk sensor http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160705 and an energy
saving bulb.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
Zen83237 wrote:
I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion
detector in it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch
plastered with a proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in
for a pendant light but can I get a light fitting with a motion
detector in it. Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay
switches that
you get in houses with bedsits.

Use a dawn dusk sensor http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160705 and an energy
saving bulb.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

What an ugly thing to have sticking out of your porch light socket plus the
fact of banging your head on the bulb if the ceilings low?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Use a dawn dusk sensor http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160705 and an energy
saving bulb.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Erm! was you having a blond moment?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zen83237 wrote:
I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion
detector in it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch
plastered with a proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in
for a pendant light but can I get a light fitting with a motion
detector in it. Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay
switches that
you get in houses with bedsits.

Use a dawn dusk sensor http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160705 and an energy
saving bulb.

Or maybe a

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80538/Lighting/Floodlights/PIRs-Photocells/IQ-Ceiling-360-PIR-Movement-Sensor

mounted in/on the ceiling.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:25:11 GMT, "ARWadworth"
wrote:

Or maybe a

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80538/Lighting/Floodlights/PIRs-Photocells/IQ-Ceiling-360-PIR-Movement-Sensor

mounted in/on the ceiling.

Adam

Hey, that may have answered my question (see other Motion detection
thread) as well Adam, thanks! ;-)

All the best ..

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Or maybe a

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80538/Lighting/Floodlights/PIRs-Photocells/IQ-Ceiling-360-PIR-Movement-Sensor

mounted in/on the ceiling.

Adam

Hey, that may have answered my question (see other Motion detection
thread) as well Adam, thanks! ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

I have just read your post Tim.

It looks like you may need two sensors with your kitchen layout. If you
connect the switched live that feeds the lights to the switched load on the
sensors and took a permanent live to the live connection on the sensor then
you can still leave the lights in the on position by turning a lightswitch
on.

The timer usually starts when movement stops on these sort of PIRs.

HTH

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zen83237 wrote:
I currently have one of those outside light kits with a motion
detector in it inside my enclosed porch. I am going to get the porch
plastered with a proper ceiling as well so I have put the wiring in
for a pendant light but can I get a light fitting with a motion
detector in it. Alternatively I was thinking of one of those time delay
switches that
you get in houses with bedsits.

Use a dawn dusk sensor http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160705 and an energy
saving bulb.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

I tried these for when I went on holiday and they don't work, well the ones
I bought didn't.

Kevin