Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tecumseh LEV 80 Engine

Hi everyone... I have been given an Electrolux grass cutter which
appears to be in vgc but it would benefit from a new blade etc...
Before I get into this there is something that causes me some concern
(I have no great knowledge of mowers)... I tried to start the engine
but the pull cord is pretty well 'solid' and I cannot pull it. I
suspected a seized engine but that is not the case as I can rotate it
easily from the underneath and after doing this the pull cord is free
until I give it a pull and it 'locks' once more... Can anyone suggest
what may be causing the pull cord to lock-up and what might be the
wisdom of attempting to 're-habilitate' this machine... It is only
about five years old and hasn't been used at all for the past three
years... Any advice would be much appreciated....