Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ardamerr Ardamerr is offline

Default Tecumseh LEV 80 Engine

On Feb 8, 10:40 am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:16:05 -0800 (PST), stevelup wrote:
On all the mowers I have had, it is necessary to hold the brake lever
in the off position whilst pulling the cord.

That's engine brake or the "dead mans handle" that kills and stops the
engine PDQ if you let it go.

I'd been trying to think of something to fits the OPs description but
failed but now this has been mentioned. I can only just turn over my mower
engine if the brake is on but pushing the blades underneath isn't a
problem.

--
Cheers
Dave.

That's interesting Dave, so it looks like the 'dmh' brake could be
stuck 'on' and although the bowden cable is operating the actuator it
may not be releasing the actual brake itself eh?

Regards... Richard.