Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless CCTV camera from Netto

I bought one today,they where supposed to be on the shelves Mon15th but
manufacturers never delivered in time and where postponed till to today 17th
Thur.

I must say they are decent quality all metal bodied and IR night time vision
although I have to wait till dark to see if its worthy?

Neat litle bullet shape for the camera shape and a small flat alluminium
case for the reciever,it has 3 channels to apply an extra two cameras on the
reciever.

Now the big question...

Quite expensive even for Netto's standard a wopping £40.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-17 13:05:48 +0000, "George" said:

I bought one today,they where supposed to be on the shelves Mon15th but
manufacturers never delivered in time and where postponed till to today 17th
Thur.

I must say they are decent quality all metal bodied and IR night time vision
although I have to wait till dark to see if its worthy?

Neat litle bullet shape for the camera shape and a small flat alluminium
case for the reciever,it has 3 channels to apply an extra two cameras on the
reciever.

Now the big question...

Quite expensive even for Netto's standard a wopping £40.

Are you sure that they aren't just selling off the ones that they use
to watch the pikies nicking stuff....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Are you sure that they aren't just selling off the ones that they use
to watch the pikies nicking stuff....

You could be right. :-P

Anyway its going bac tomorrow as its a pile of sh*te in the dark,the IR that
muster in a circle around the lense put a ghosting effect on the image and
the center focal point goes almost pitch black to the extent of it becoming
useless.

Sheeeesh! I can see Netto being unindated with huge returns.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-17 17:03:05 +0000, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Are you sure that they aren't just selling off the ones that they use
to watch the pikies nicking stuff....

You could be right. :-P

Anyway its going bac tomorrow as its a pile of sh*te in the dark,the IR that
muster in a circle around the lense put a ghosting effect on the image and
the center focal point goes almost pitch black to the extent of it becoming
useless.

Sheeeesh! I can see Netto being unindated with huge returns.

It's a warehousing operation. They will have that covered with their
suppliers, or margins will be such that the returns can go directly to
landfill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-17 17:03:05 +0000, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Are you sure that they aren't just selling off the ones that they use
to watch the pikies nicking stuff....

You could be right. :-P

Anyway its going bac tomorrow as its a pile of sh*te in the dark,the IR

that
muster in a circle around the lense put a ghosting effect on the image

and
the center focal point goes almost pitch black to the extent of it

becoming
useless.

Sheeeesh! I can see Netto being unindated with huge returns.

It's a warehousing operation. They will have that covered with their
suppliers, or margins will be such that the returns can go directly to
landfill.

No they sell them on in bulk.
I got that from a market street trader who's forever buying Netto stuff
cheaply.
Last year? he bought a load of Netto routers and was flogging them for £5
each complete and any with missing external components £3.
He must have got them for £2 each?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-17 17:03:05 +0000, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

[...]

Such is the supply chain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-01-17 13:05:48 +0000, "George" said:

I bought one today,they where supposed to be on the shelves Mon15th but
manufacturers never delivered in time and where postponed till to today
17th
Thur.

I must say they are decent quality all metal bodied and IR night time
vision
although I have to wait till dark to see if its worthy?

Neat litle bullet shape for the camera shape and a small flat alluminium
case for the reciever,it has 3 channels to apply an extra two cameras on
the
reciever.

Now the big question...

Quite expensive even for Netto's standard a wopping £40.

Are you sure that they aren't just selling off the ones that they use to
watch the pikies nicking stuff....

Oi Andy I wasn't nicking it I was "borrowing it" ... just for the record ;-p

How do I test a CCTV camera ??? boombangabang UK diy 7 September 14th 07 08:02 PM
CCTV camera mattyh UK diy 10 August 16th 07 07:39 PM
Wireless CCTV recommendation please Great Scot UK diy 3 January 11th 07 08:50 PM
Wireless CCTV for home? Kaiser Sose UK diy 1 January 9th 07 10:02 PM
cctv camera web site? mrcheerful UK diy 14 January 25th 05 08:53 PM