mrcheerful

Default cctv camera web site?

A few months ago, someone asked about cctv cameras, someone posted a web
address of a uk based one man band type of place that seemed to sell
reasonably priced highish spec. stuff. Trouble is I now need it and can't
find the url.

Any leads please? I need indoor, fixed, colour cameras with good
resolution.

The site I looked at before had all sorts of deals such as 4 cameras for
about 120 quid etc.

mrcheerful

Lurch

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:20:42 GMT, "mrcheerful
.." strung together this:

The site I looked at before had all sorts of deals such as 4 cameras for
about 120 quid etc.

Don't think it's the one you're thinking of but
http://www.securityinstore.co.uk has some decent stuff in.
--

SJW
Andy Burns

mrcheerful . wrote:

Any leads please? I need indoor, fixed, colour cameras with good
resolution.

Don't know who was mentioned previosuly, in the past I've bought a
couple of cameras from http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/ the ultra low light
colour Sony one was OK, but eventually developed a tendency to overheat
and output gibberish :-(
Andy Burns

Andy Burns wrote:

the ultra low light colour Sony one was OK

sorry, that makes it sound a bit underwhelming, it was *very* good in
low light, while it lasted ...

Colin Wilson

A few months ago, someone asked about cctv cameras, someone posted a web
address of a uk based one man band type of place

Don`t think this was it either, but...

http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/covert.htm

Colin Wilson

A few months ago, someone asked about cctv cameras, someone posted a web
address of a uk based one man band type of place

Don`t think this was it either, but...
http://www.henrys.co.uk/cctv/covert.htm

Try http://www.y3kcctv.co.uk/ as well

Colin Wilson

Try http://www.y3kcctv.co.uk/ as well
Don't bother, they're absolutely ****. They sell crap, they don't
deliver it. They're useless. They're like PC World for CCTV.

Fair enough - I just went through my bookmarks and came up with the two
places I posted...

Paulr

I'd be happy to help out if at all possible, unless we have already
spoken that is! www.securityinstore.com

Ian Stirling

mrcheerful . wrote:
A few months ago, someone asked about cctv cameras, someone posted a web
address of a uk based one man band type of place that seemed to sell
reasonably priced highish spec. stuff. Trouble is I now need it and can't
find the url.

www.rfconcepts.co.uk
Paulr

I'd be happy to help out if at all possible, unless we have already
spoken that is! www.securityinstore.com

Andy Burns

Ian Stirling wrote:

www.rfconcepts.co.uk

If you had something good or bad to say about them I could see the point
of mentioning them again, but just to echo a URL that was already
mentioned 14 hours earlier only serves to prove you're not reading
replies ...
Ian Stirling

Andy Burns wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

www.rfconcepts.co.uk

If you had something good or bad to say about them I could see the point
of mentioning them again, but just to echo a URL that was already
mentioned 14 hours earlier only serves to prove you're not reading
replies ...

I diddn't see your message for some reason.

To recap - good communication when I emailed them, prompt shipping,
no complaints, other than some of their stuff is too expensive, and I want
it.

And I make it more like 13 hours.
Mike

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Ian Stirling wrote:

www.rfconcepts.co.uk

If you had something good or bad to say about them I could see the point
of mentioning them again, but just to echo a URL that was already
mentioned 14 hours earlier only serves to prove you're not reading
replies ...

Or more likely not receiving them in the first place. Usenet is not a
perfect delivery system.
I don't think I see more than 75% of replies judging by replies I see to
posts I don't remember.

Andy Burns

Mike wrote:

Or more likely not receiving them in the first place. Usenet is not a
perfect delivery system.

Agreed, Plusnet has had a few niggles at this end lately, I've never
known an ISP that doesn't from time to time ...

I don't think I see more than 75% of replies judging by replies I see to
posts I don't remember.

That's often google groups "forgetting" the references header, on
messages where someone has changed the subject as the thread develops :-(
Mike

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

Or more likely not receiving them in the first place. Usenet is not a
perfect delivery system.

Agreed, Plusnet has had a few niggles at this end lately, I've never
known an ISP that doesn't from time to time ...

I don't think I see more than 75% of replies judging by replies I see to
posts I don't remember.

That's often google groups "forgetting" the references header, on
messages where someone has changed the subject as the thread develops :-(

Sometimes. But somebody the other day replied to one of my posts but I only
saw it when somebody else replied to it. By which time it was a bit late to
reply myself.