Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless CCTV recommendation please

I want to mount a wireless cctv camera 4-6m up a pole to view our drive. The
receiver will be 30m distant with line of sight and but a window for the
signal to pass through. This would be connected to a pc.
Camera does not need to be covert, indeed I would prefer it not to be.
Cabling, whilst possible, is impractible. There is an existing power supply
to the pole, so battery power is not required or wanted. The area is very
well floodlit and extra ilumination should not be required.
I'm looking for a decent quality setup that will record faces and
registration plates that are recognisable.

Any recommendations please?

GS

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Any recommendations please?

EBAY!

He said he wanted to be able to record faces and registration plates.
Most of the toy cameras on there are little more than fuzzy vision.

I was trying to buy a wired camera - you cannot even get reputable places to
send
screen grabs of the image quality

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Great Scot" wrote in message
I want to mount a wireless cctv camera 4-6m up a pole to view our drive.
The receiver will be 30m distant with line of sight and but a window for
the signal to pass through. This would be connected to a pc.
Camera does not need to be covert, indeed I would prefer it not to be.
Cabling, whilst possible, is impractible. There is an existing power
supply to the pole, so battery power is not required or wanted. The area
is very well floodlit and extra ilumination should not be required.
I'm looking for a decent quality setup that will record faces and
registration plates that are recognisable.

Any recommendations please?

GS

If you have the camera up a 4-6m pole then you won't manage to record the
faces of your average hoody or baseball hat wearing nare-do-well.

Also on the wireless point be aware that it won't be, well at least with a
cheap system, a secure link between the camera and the receiver. Anyone with
a suitable device will be able to view the images.