Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Burglar alarm

Hi,

There's a burglar alarm in our new house but the previous people say
they never used it (it was fitted by the family before them) and they
never kept the instructions.

The PCB says Texecom but other than that it's in a plain white box and
could be anybody's.

Since they were here for nine or ten years, it must be at least that
old. Has alarm technology improved much in 10 years? Can I keep it and
use it or should I bin it and buy a new one?

There's a six core cable coming from the bell box. Do alarm fitters
follow a standard for cable colours? It would be nice to power the LED
and run it as a dummy box.

I presume one cable pair is an anti-tamper loop? One pair controls the
bell and the other powers the battery in the box (assuming it has one
- and perhaps, by now, its dead)?

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi,

There's a burglar alarm in our new house but the previous people say
they never used it (it was fitted by the family before them) and they
never kept the instructions.

The PCB says Texecom but other than that it's in a plain white box and
could be anybody's.

Have a look on their web site for further info. Should you need a manual
that needs you to register email me and I will send it to you.
www.texe.com

Since they were here for nine or ten years, it must be at least that
old. Has alarm technology improved much in 10 years? Can I keep it and
use it or should I bin it and buy a new one?

You can certainly keep the cables and a new panel is not expensive. If you
have no code then it may be impossible to use it.

There's a six core cable coming from the bell box. Do alarm fitters
follow a standard for cable colours? It would be nice to power the LED
and run it as a dummy box.

No standard, a look in the control panel will tell you what colours the
installer used.

I presume one cable pair is an anti-tamper loop? One pair controls the
bell and the other powers the battery in the box (assuming it has one
- and perhaps, by now, its dead)?

Usually they are, +12v, 0v, tamper, bell and strobe

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
cj cj is offline

Hi
Probably an earlly Veritas 6 or 8 still good today easy to reset to.
As Adam pointed out the manual is on texacom webside in PDF format.

As for technology Yes it's come on in leaps and bounds but For the better??
who knows The veritas range is still going strong and we fit at least 4 a
month.
If you get stuck repost and I can email you the user man's.

HTH

CJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadworth" wrote

Have a look on their web site for further info. Should you need a manual
that needs you to register email me and I will send it to you.
www.texe.com

Adam

I am also looking at the Texecom range after recommendation from this group,
but cannot access the installation manuals - have emailed their support desk
and got no response.
Would appreciate it if you could email the installation and software manuals
on the Veritas R8 Plus and the Veritas Remote Keypad.
email is pscull - at - europacrown - dot - com.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message

"ARWadworth" wrote

Have a look on their web site for further info. Should you need a manual
that needs you to register email me and I will send it to you.
www.texe.com

Adam

I am also looking at the Texecom range after recommendation from this
group, but cannot access the installation manuals - have emailed their
support desk and got no response.
Would appreciate it if you could email the installation and software
manuals on the Veritas R8 Plus and the Veritas Remote Keypad.
email is pscull - at - europacrown - dot - com.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

Sent you them 30 seconds ago. Let me know that you receive them.

Adam

Using my burglar alarm Jethro Home Repair 24 February 20th 07 04:52 PM
Manuals for burglar alarm alarm man Home Repair 3 August 28th 06 07:43 PM
Burglar alarm Frenchy UK diy 9 September 15th 05 06:44 PM
Burglar Alarm Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 3 April 7th 05 01:04 AM
Burglar Alarm Neil UK diy 33 July 27th 03 12:02 PM