Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vacuum cleaner hose

I need some vacuum cleaner hose - not any end attachments, just the
hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thanks,

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
I need some vacuum cleaner hose - not any end attachments, just the
hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or
are they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an
anticlockwise thread?

Vacuum hose goes from 25mm to 600mm. Give us a clue :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or
are they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an
anticlockwise thread?

Vacuum hose goes from 25mm to 600mm. Give us a clue

Oh, yes. This is for a small domestic vacuum cleaner made by Goodmans.
Perhaps I should measure the hose diameter...

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a box full of old chopped off hoses because I hate to throw them away
when I scrap a machine. Trouble is, I've never found a use for them!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart B wrote:

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thread. Do they have a thread .Anyone I have used was just a push fit

The tube has a helical coil, which has to go clockwise or
anti-clockwise.

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

I have a box full of old chopped off hoses because I hate to throw them away
when I scrap a machine. Trouble is, I've never found a use for them!

You can sell one to me.

Daniele