DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vacuum cleaner hose (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/228526-vacuum-cleaner-hose.html)

D.M. Procida January 3rd 08 10:49 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

I need some vacuum cleaner hose - not any end attachments, just the
hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thanks,

Daniele

The Medway Handyman January 4th 08 12:03 AM

Vacuum cleaner hose

D.M. Procida wrote:
I need some vacuum cleaner hose - not any end attachments, just the
hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or
are they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an
anticlockwise thread?

Vacuum hose goes from 25mm to 600mm. Give us a clue :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

D.M. Procida January 4th 08 08:41 AM

Vacuum cleaner hose

The Medway Handyman wrote:

hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or
are they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an
anticlockwise thread?

Vacuum hose goes from 25mm to 600mm. Give us a clue

Oh, yes. This is for a small domestic vacuum cleaner made by Goodmans.
Perhaps I should measure the hose diameter...

Daniele

Stuart B[_3_] January 4th 08 11:28 AM

Vacuum cleaner hose

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:49:34 +0000,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

I need some vacuum cleaner hose - not any end attachments, just the
hose.

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thanks,

Daniele

Thread. Do they have a thread .Anyone I have used was just a push fit

Newshound January 4th 08 12:57 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

I have a box full of old chopped off hoses because I hate to throw them away
when I scrap a machine. Trouble is, I've never found a use for them!

D.M. Procida January 4th 08 06:11 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

Stuart B wrote:

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thread. Do they have a thread .Anyone I have used was just a push fit

The tube has a helical coil, which has to go clockwise or
anti-clockwise.

Daniele

D.M. Procida January 4th 08 06:11 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

newshound wrote:

I have a box full of old chopped off hoses because I hate to throw them away
when I scrap a machine. Trouble is, I've never found a use for them!

You can sell one to me.

Daniele

Stuart B[_3_] January 4th 08 09:49 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:11:21 +0000,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

Stuart B wrote:

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose, or are
they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an anticlockwise
thread?

Thread. Do they have a thread .Anyone I have used was just a push fit

The tube has a helical coil, which has to go clockwise or
anti-clockwise.

Daniele

Maybe but that is not a thread ...

The Medway Handyman January 4th 08 11:11 PM

Vacuum cleaner hose

Stuart B wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:11:21 +0000,
(D.M. Procida) wrote:

Stuart B wrote:

Is there such a thing as completely generic vacuum cleaner hose,
or are they all subtly different sizes? And do they all have an
anticlockwise thread?

Thread. Do they have a thread .Anyone I have used was just a push
fit

The tube has a helical coil, which has to go clockwise or
anti-clockwise.

Daniele

Maybe but that is not a thread ...

I beg to differ Stuart. Most commercial vac hoses 'screw' into the cuffs on
the ends, so the spiral acts as a thread.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk