Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Integrated Dishwasher

I'm ready to order my kitchen units.
I want to include an integrated dishwasher.
My design allows for a 500mm wide unit for the dishwasher.

It seems that most of the smaller dishwashers are 450mm wide but cabinets
don't come 450mm wide and I haven't found a 500mm dishwasher.
So is a 450mm dishwasher meant to go in a 500mm cabinet?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 1, 1:32*am, "Mark" wrote:
I'm ready to order my kitchen units.
I *want to include an integrated dishwasher.
My design allows for a 500mm wide unit for the dishwasher.

It seems that most of the smaller dishwashers are 450mm wide but cabinets
don't come 450mm wide and I haven't found a 500mm dishwasher.
So is a 450mm dishwasher meant to go in a 500mm cabinet?

mark

Hi

Dishwashers don't go inside units - they go between two units. 500mm
is an odd size to leave - the vast majority are 600mm.

If you can't find the extra 100mm from somewhere, you will need to get
a 'slimline' 450mm unit and either shift your other units closer
together or pad the gaps with some end panels or other features.

Going for a 450mm dishwasher will limit your choice though - I'd
suggest trying to find the extra 100mm if possible.

Steve

Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stevelup" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 1:32 am, "Mark" wrote:
I'm ready to order my kitchen units.
I want to include an integrated dishwasher.
My design allows for a 500mm wide unit for the dishwasher.

It seems that most of the smaller dishwashers are 450mm wide but cabinets
don't come 450mm wide and I haven't found a 500mm dishwasher.
So is a 450mm dishwasher meant to go in a 500mm cabinet?

mark

Hi

Dishwashers don't go inside units - they go between two units. 500mm
is an odd size to leave - the vast majority are 600mm.

If you can't find the extra 100mm from somewhere, you will need to get
a 'slimline' 450mm unit and either shift your other units closer
together or pad the gaps with some end panels or other features.

Going for a 450mm dishwasher will limit your choice though - I'd
suggest trying to find the extra 100mm if possible.

I second that. I have a 450 DW, it's crap. In order to get 12 place
servings in (who the **** has a family this size nowadays) the teeth in the
plate rack are too close together and the water doesn't get in between the
plates to wash them. I have to use alternative slots and have a half empty
machine each time I use it.

Instead of them designing an 8 place washer properly, they try for 12 and I
ended up with a 6 place one.

(It wasn't my choice, BTW)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message
I'm ready to order my kitchen units.
I want to include an integrated dishwasher.
My design allows for a 500mm wide unit for the dishwasher.

It seems that most of the smaller dishwashers are 450mm wide but cabinets
don't come 450mm wide and I haven't found a 500mm dishwasher.
So is a 450mm dishwasher meant to go in a 500mm cabinet?

mark

Thanks for the replies. I think I understand now. Fix a matching door to the
dishwasher door, plinth across the bottom, done?
I've taken on board the size comments and it will be a 600mm.

mark

Integrated Dishwasher or Free-Standing? Endulini UK diy 5 July 2nd 07 11:37 PM
Which dishwasher - semi or fully integrated nafuk UK diy 5 January 12th 07 08:12 PM
Which dishwasher - semi or fully integrated nafuk UK diy 3 January 12th 07 03:32 PM
Integrated Dishwasher SantaUK UK diy 1 August 21st 06 11:12 AM
FITTING OF FULLY INTEGRATED DISHWASHER [email protected] UK diy 6 September 19th 05 10:32 AM