anthony james

Default ebay sucks big time

I've had a number of problems with eBay. The trouble is that they
have very rigid procedures that no-one seems to have the authority to
change and their 'security' can get in the way whilst being
ineffective.

1) I had a the credit card that was registered for eBay fees
cancelled. This meant their fee request 'bounced'. The email they
sent me saying 'pay within x days or your acccount will be blocked'
was already out of date when they sent it so my account was blocked.
While your account is blocked you cant add a card which means i
couldnt pay the bill. Result? send them a cheque which takes them
weeks to process during which time i cant use eBay at all.

2) Paypal. As someones pointed out - it's in your interest to become
'confirmed' or whatevery they call it. Same credit card as above but
this time i requested a 'confirmation code' but didnt get around to
inputting it. Their rules state they cant send a code for a
differeent card but the I no longer have the card they want me to
confirm (i've already deleted it from the account and have been using
a differnet one). There was apparently no way i could 'confirm'
another Visa card (They suggested using a Mastercard or Amex) but
every one of my cards (and i've got a few) are Visa.

Frustrating - your experience sounds like just the sort of thing they
would do but could equally be some sort of scam. If eBay were more
responsive the scammers would have a more difficult time.