Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Microgenus 24 - CH not going above 42 degrees

Hi,

I've recently found that my 2 year old microgenus 24 has a problem
with the heating. The DHW is absolutely fine. Whenever the heating
switches on the temperature on the front of the boiler display goes
from about 40 up to 60 degrees, then it drops back down to around 40
and stays at that temperature until you switch it off. All the
radiators are just lukewarm to touch. The heating dial is at the
maximum. The pressure is at 1 bar, and I have bled all the radiators
just in case!

I'd be very grateful if anybody had any ideas as to what could be
wrong.

Thanks,

Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:58:04 -0700, al99999 wrote:

Hi,

I've recently found that my 2 year old microgenus 24 has a problem
with the heating. The DHW is absolutely fine. Whenever the heating
switches on the temperature on the front of the boiler display goes
from about 40 up to 60 degrees, then it drops back down to around 40
and stays at that temperature until you switch it off. All the
radiators are just lukewarm to touch. The heating dial is at the
maximum. The pressure is at 1 bar, and I have bled all the radiators
just in case!

I'd be very grateful if anybody had any ideas as to what could be
wrong.

Well the temperature sensor (very likely an NTC) is right in the centre of
the frame. Also the control knob/pot on the PCB. have you tried turning
the CH down does that chance anything?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well the temperature sensor (very likely an NTC) is right in the centre of
the frame. Also the control knob/pot on the PCB. have you tried turning
the CH down does that chance anything?

Hi, thanks for your advice, turning the CH contol down doesnt seem to
change the temperature, its always between 38 and 42 degrees (not
related to where the main CH control is). Does this suggest anything?
I'll have a look at the temperature sensor and the control pot.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Oct, 16:44, al99999 wrote:
Well the temperature sensor (very likely an NTC) is right in the centre of
the frame. Also the control knob/pot on the PCB. have you tried turning
the CH down does that chance anything?

Hi, thanks for your advice, turning the CH contol down doesnt seem to
change the temperature, its always between 38 and 42 degrees (not
related to where the main CH control is). Does this suggest anything?
I'll have a look at the temperature sensor and the control pot.

Thanks

Changing the max heating pot doesnt seem to do anything. One thing I
did notice was that last winter we had the eeprom replaced as the
boiler broke down, which seemed to do the trick for the hot water, but
looking at the eeprom now it is a microgenus 2 eeprom and we just have
a microgenus. Would this make a difference or is it more likely to be
the temperature sensor?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:04:48 -0700, al99999 wrote:

On 27 Oct, 16:44, al99999 wrote:
Well the temperature sensor (very likely an NTC) is right in the centre of
the frame. Also the control knob/pot on the PCB. have you tried turning
the CH down does that chance anything?

Hi, thanks for your advice, turning the CH contol down doesnt seem to
change the temperature, its always between 38 and 42 degrees (not
related to where the main CH control is). Does this suggest anything?
I'll have a look at the temperature sensor and the control pot.

Thanks

Changing the max heating pot doesnt seem to do anything. One thing I
did notice was that last winter we had the eeprom replaced as the
boiler broke down, which seemed to do the trick for the hot water, but
looking at the eeprom now it is a microgenus 2 eeprom and we just have
a microgenus. Would this make a difference or is it more likely to be
the temperature sensor?

OK so someone changed the firmware? Get the manufacturers to put the
system right or was it the manufacturers who changed the the chip?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Oct, 16:44, al99999 wrote:
[...]

Did it work OK after the firmware change?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It was the manufacturers who changed the chip but since it was
replaced the heating hasnt been used, only the hot water, so I cant
tell whether that is to blame or not. Thanks!

On 27 Oct, 16:44, al99999 wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"al99999" wrote in message
oups.com...
It was the manufacturers who changed the chip but since it was
replaced the heating hasnt been used, only the hot water, so I cant
tell whether that is to blame or not. Thanks!

Get them back them.