Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small man-hole / inspection chamber

Hi all,

I've recently run a trench from the side of my house down to my garage
and run some conduit piping. I've pulled through some initial cables
and will run them into my house; however I'd like to retain the option
to pull through more in the future. As a result, I'd like to fit
something like a small man-hole (into which the conduit terminates)
that will allow me to easily access. I'd pictured something fairly
small and rectangular - maybe 12-18 inches long and approximately half
the width.

My initial searches have proved unsuccessful (lots of stuff relating
to drainage), but I'm fairly sure it's because I'm using the wrong
terminology. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the
direction of a supplier that could help me!

Cheers,
Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 03:12:15 -0700, Can2002
wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently run a trench from the side of my house down to my garage
and run some conduit piping. I've pulled through some initial cables
and will run them into my house; however I'd like to retain the option
to pull through more in the future. As a result, I'd like to fit
something like a small man-hole (into which the conduit terminates)
that will allow me to easily access. I'd pictured something fairly
small and rectangular - maybe 12-18 inches long and approximately half
the width.

Comtec do some GRP joint boxen intended for the telecomms industry -

http://www.comtec-comms.com/document...omtec%20tc.pdf

Page 242 ISTR...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Comtec do some GRP joint boxen intended for the telecomms industry -

http://www.comtec-comms.com/document...omtec%20tc.pdf

Page 242 ISTR...

--
Frank Erskine

Thanks Frank, I'll take a look.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can2002 wrote:
Hi all,

I've recently run a trench from the side of my house down to my garage
and run some conduit piping. I've pulled through some initial cables
and will run them into my house; however I'd like to retain the option
to pull through more in the future. As a result, I'd like to fit
something like a small man-hole (into which the conduit terminates)
that will allow me to easily access. I'd pictured something fairly
small and rectangular - maybe 12-18 inches long and approximately half
the width.

small rodding hatch thingy from a plumber's merchant?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 03:12:15 -0700, Can2002 wrote:

I'd pictured something fairly small and rectangular - maybe 12-18 inches
long and approximately half the width.

I certainly wouldn't go any smaller you need to be able to get your hands
in an possibly more importantly have a straight pull of more than 3"...

There must be telecom type things about as you often see BT type lids in
the pavement about that size. Donno on cost but might be worth comparing
against circular drainage holes bases, sides and covers.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 20:13, "Steve Walker" wrote:

small rodding hatch thingy from a plumber's merchant?

Cheers Steve,
Chris