Tony Halmarack

Default Storm water inspection chamber?

I just lifted a concrete flag off what I expected to be a
(traditionally laid out?) storm water inspection chamber (with pipes
converging into a group of open topped channels with mortar benching
to direct the flow.

What I found was a orange/brown colored rectangular plastic lid,
perhaps 30cm x 10cm with "OSMA" written on it.
I'm pretty sure that this is a modern version of the storm water
system I expected to find.

What puts me off immediately getting my socket set out and making my
way in there, is the disconcertingly large size of the 4 bolts holding
on this plastic lid. The size of the bolts rings a feint alarm bell,
in that it implies there's more to this than meets the eye.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect to find under there?
As it is, the lid is just 1 cm above a solidly concreted area, so no
clues there.
Is this unit a rectangular box with a proportionally sized lid, or is
the lid just a small inspection cover to a much larger chamber?
OTOH am I making too much of it, and merely need to rethink my combo
of recreationals

Regards,
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
John Armstrong

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:39:40 +0100, Tony Halmarack wrote:

[...]

Osma is a tradename of Wavin plastics:
www.wavin.co.uk
What you describe could be an inspection pipe - do a search for 4D420 for a
picture.
Tony Halmarack

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:57:35 +0100, John Armstrong
wrote:

Osma is a tradename of Wavin plastics:
www.wavin.co.uk
What you describe could be an inspection pipe - do a search for 4D420 for a
picture.

Thanks, that's exactly it. I've got the picture now.:-)
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM