Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cunning cupboard/ toilet move idea

Hello all.

Er indoors likes her kitched gadgets but we're running out of space. So I've
hatched a cunning plan.

Our downstairs loo runs parrallel to the kitchen and is quite a long
coridor. Like this:

_____________________
-----------------------------
| Kitchen

-------------------------------

To create a pantry type thing, I was thinking about moving the toilet
forward, say a foot then breaking through the wall in the kitchen and
making a door (it's just plasterboard) creating this effect:

__________________________
--\ -----------------------------
| Kitchen

-------------------------------

The toilet waste exits via a near horizontal pipe, so my plan was just to
replace the pipe with a longer pipe, then box this in so it can't be seen
from the new pantry in the kitchen.

Can any of you wise chaps see any potential problems here?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does the loo currently have an opening window?

If the loo is or becomes an "internal room", extraction ventilation
with timed run-on may be required.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Chaplin wrote:
Hello all.

Er indoors likes her kitched gadgets but we're running out of space.
So I've hatched a cunning plan.

SNIP

Can any of you wise chaps see any potential problems here?

Yes. If your 'er indoors' is anything like mine, creating extra space will
cause her to purchase more gadgets. I put some units up in the conservatory
for said purpose & now we have even more stuff.

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk