Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Chaplin Colin Chaplin is offline

Default Cunning cupboard/ toilet move idea

Hello all.

Er indoors likes her kitched gadgets but we're running out of space. So I've
hatched a cunning plan.

Our downstairs loo runs parrallel to the kitchen and is quite a long
coridor. Like this:

_____________________
-----------------------------
| Kitchen

-------------------------------

To create a pantry type thing, I was thinking about moving the toilet
forward, say a foot then breaking through the wall in the kitchen and
making a door (it's just plasterboard) creating this effect:

| Kitchen

The toilet waste exits via a near horizontal pipe, so my plan was just to
replace the pipe with a longer pipe, then box this in so it can't be seen
from the new pantry in the kitchen.

Can any of you wise chaps see any potential problems here?