Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fishy!

I just had some screeding laid for my UFH project. The work is
fantastic (60 year old master plasterer), and I reckon you could play
billiards on it. However there is a smell of dead fish as the screeding
is drying. It was stronger yesterday (day1), but still strong today
(day2).

Is this normal? What's causing it, and will it go when the screed has
dried out?

Thanks,
R.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:52:03 +0100, TheOldFellow
wrote:

I just had some screeding laid for my UFH project. The work is
fantastic (60 year old master plasterer), and I reckon you could play
billiards on it. However there is a smell of dead fish as the screeding
is drying. It was stronger yesterday (day1), but still strong today
(day2).

Is this normal? What's causing it, and will it go when the screed has
dried out?

Latex leveling compound (very smooth grey finish) often smells like
this. It does go away after a bit.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
I just had some screeding laid for my UFH project. The work is
fantastic (60 year old master plasterer), and I reckon you could play
billiards on it. However there is a smell of dead fish as the screeding
is drying. It was stronger yesterday (day1), but still strong today
(day2).

Is this normal? What's causing it, and will it go when the screed has
dried out?

Thanks,
R.

I always thought that the smell is from the aggregate which is sometimes
dredged from the ocean - the smell will go away fairly quickly.
Franko.