Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Over sized work surfaces?

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:51:58 GMT, EricP
wrote:

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

http://www.betterdiy.co.uk/maker/Axiom/8/
Are there any on there?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.d-i-y

EricP wrote:
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

900mm double sided breafast bar & cut it down, removing an arm and a leg
at the same time

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"EricP" wrote in message
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

Get the standard sized wortops and cut the wallbacks down on the cabinet
sides. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:51:58 +0000, EricP wrote:

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

The price does go up a lot when you want wider work tops, but the benefit
is worth it.

Try some of the independent kitchen shops. Usual sizes are

600mm commodity price (£40/3m) but will look mean, has no room for out
of true walls and will probably force you to leave a gap at the back which
you hope the tiles will cover.

616, 650 mm as above but disproportionately expensive.

700, 750 and 900 which has two 'front' edges. The ripped-off edge can be
used as an upstand.
even more expensive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 3, 8:51 pm, EricP wrote:
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

Howdens worktop is 616mm, which gives a reasonable lip on 600
cabinets, and their breakfast bar is fairly reasonably priced.

Odd sizes are easier to find in timber than in laminate, eg
http://www.alarisavenue.co.uk/acatal...ps_1692.htm l

Alaris also do 660mm laminate, but at £178 per length!

Surfaces for tiling... stevelup UK diy 22 January 5th 07 07:53 PM
Help with sticky surfaces Dan-the-K Woodworking 15 June 2nd 06 03:15 PM
Seeking medium sized Steel Fab Shops to place long term outsourcing work Jerry Housh Metalworking 4 May 28th 06 07:43 PM
Woodblock work surfaces nog UK diy 0 May 31st 05 08:14 AM
kitchen work surfaces patrick UK diy 14 April 22nd 05 10:27 PM