DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Over sized work surfaces? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/216423-over-sized-work-surfaces.html)

EricP October 3rd 07 08:51 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

Mogga October 3rd 07 08:59 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:51:58 GMT, EricP
wrote:

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

http://www.betterdiy.co.uk/maker/Axiom/8/
Are there any on there?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free

Malcolm Race October 3rd 07 11:03 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

EricP wrote:
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

900mm double sided breafast bar & cut it down, removing an arm and a leg
at the same time

Malcolm

George October 3rd 07 11:09 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

"EricP" wrote in message
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

Get the standard sized wortops and cut the wallbacks down on the cabinet
sides. :-)

Ed Sirett October 4th 07 06:09 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:51:58 +0000, EricP wrote:

In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

The price does go up a lot when you want wider work tops, but the benefit
is worth it.

Try some of the independent kitchen shops. Usual sizes are

600mm commodity price (£40/3m) but will look mean, has no room for out
of true walls and will probably force you to leave a gap at the back which
you hope the tiles will cover.

616, 650 mm as above but disproportionately expensive.

700, 750 and 900 which has two 'front' edges. The ripped-off edge can be
used as an upstand.
even more expensive.

[email protected] October 4th 07 06:34 PM

Over sized work surfaces?

On Oct 3, 8:51 pm, EricP wrote:
In order to fit an IKEA kitchen I need deeper than the usual 600 work
surface.

Has anybody seen 700s around in local sheds/suppliers at a sensible
price?

Cheers

Howdens worktop is 616mm, which gives a reasonable lip on 600
cabinets, and their breakfast bar is fairly reasonably priced.

Odd sizes are easier to find in timber than in laminate, eg
http://www.alarisavenue.co.uk/acatal...ps_1692.htm l

Alaris also do 660mm laminate, but at £178 per length!