Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas Cooker connector

My friend wants to remove his gas cooker and thinks the connector is user
removable, but I'm not so sure. The brass fitting has a knurned ring that
might be finger unscrewable, but I can't see any conspicuous bayonet lugs.

A photo of it can be seen he
http://www.bluestar.65704.btinternet.co.uk/

Is this fitting user removable?

Thanks for any advice.

Roger R

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

That looks like a regular bayonet to me. If you push the knurled
brass part down and twist about a quater turn anti clockwise, it
should just pop off and the fitting will seal itself (if it's working
properly, of course...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:22:33 -0700, GMM wrote:

That looks like a regular bayonet to me. If you push the knurled
brass part down and twist about a quater turn anti clockwise, it
should just pop off and the fitting will seal itself (if it's working
properly, of course...)

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that the
hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way as
regular bayonet connectors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:51:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that
the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way
as regular bayonet connectors.

BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a
connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of
a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't
know where they come from.

--
John Stumbles

Seagull Management
Management technique characterised by flying in, making a lot of noise,
crapping on everything, and then leaving.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:51:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that
the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way
as regular bayonet connectors.

BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a
connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of
a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't
know where they come from.

--
John Stumbles

Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a
gas lighter hose to them?

Don.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:21:29 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:51:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that
the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way
as regular bayonet connectors.

BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a
connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of
a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't
know where they come from.

Is it in the BES catalogue?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:54:30 +0100, cerberus wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:51:10 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

It looks like a micro point bayonet. These should be installed so that
the hose hangs down neatly. Not as shown. These work much the same way
as regular bayonet connectors.

BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a
connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of
a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't
know where they come from.

--
John Stumbles

Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a
gas lighter hose to them?

Yes you've jogged my memory. They were provided near solid fuel placed to
power a gas poker.

...and they also provided a connection for a single boiling ring IIRC.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ed Sirett writes:
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:54:30 +0100, cerberus wrote:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
BTW Ed (or anyone else for that matter) have you come across a
connector that's not a micropoint but something like a half-scale model of
a standard bayonet? (IIRC). I found one on a job a while back but don't
know where they come from.

Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a
gas lighter hose to them?

Yes you've jogged my memory. They were provided near solid fuel placed to
power a gas poker.

Yes, my parents have one next to their fireplace.
There is a poker built in to the fireplace but it couldn't
be converted to natural gas, so they ended up with a separate
one on a hose after the conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:56:36 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

Is it in the BES catalogue?

I don't think so: I can only see standard bayonet, micropoint and
'kwikfit' in their catalogue.

--
John Stumbles

Pessimists are never disappointed
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:54:30 +0100, "cerberus"
wrote:

Didn't the 'old' gas cookers have them on the side so you could connect a
gas lighter hose to them?

The ones I remember were unique to the cooker, moving the gas lighter
wand to the release position turned on the (rate limited) gas supply
and zonked a flint mechanism to light the gas.

DG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GMM" wrote in message
ups.com...
That looks like a regular bayonet to me. If you push the knurled
brass part down and twist about a quater turn anti clockwise, it
should just pop off and the fitting will seal itself (if it's working
properly, of course...)

Thanks for your reply, I tried it at the weekend and it was exactly as you
describe.

No problem with sticking valves or leaks.

Roger R

WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM
Connector for cooker hood Z UK diy 6 May 13th 04 10:18 PM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM
Connecting Delinghi Gas Cooker to flexible (threaded) hose connector Ghazali UK diy 5 August 27th 03 04:43 PM
Cooker Socket over Cooker? Neil UK diy 8 July 20th 03 10:28 PM