Default Connector for cooker hood

I want to duct in a cooker hood. Got everything except the connector for
duct connector the hood itself.
On the top of the hood is a 100mm or so hole in flat sheet so I need a
spigot plate or flange connector to go from 100mm to fix to the flat
surface. Marley have no such thing, I looked through Vent axia and
xpelair but nothing.

Is there a fitting ready made or am I going to have to roll my own?

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
rrh

Try www.domusventilation.com (you'll have to download their catalogue).

--
RRH

To reply by email, take out insurance.

Lobster

Z wrote in message ...
I want to duct in a cooker hood. Got everything except the connector for
duct connector the hood itself.
On the top of the hood is a 100mm or so hole in flat sheet so I need a
spigot plate or flange connector to go from 100mm to fix to the flat
surface. Marley have no such thing, I looked through Vent axia and
xpelair but nothing.

Is there a fitting ready made or am I going to have to roll my own?

Hi
It's a bit hard to tell, given the lack of dimensions on the listing,
but isn't this Screwfix item what you need?
http://tinyurl.com/227zg

I remember when fitting a tumble-drier venting kit some years ago that
the comparable component was provided by the drier m'fr, and I
attached my third-party hose to that. So maybe you need to go to the
cooker hood manufacturer for said connector?

hth
David
MBQ

Z wrote in message ...
I want to duct in a cooker hood. Got everything except the connector for
duct connector the hood itself.
On the top of the hood is a 100mm or so hole in flat sheet so I need a
spigot plate or flange connector to go from 100mm to fix to the flat
surface. Marley have no such thing, I looked through Vent axia and
xpelair but nothing.

Is there a fitting ready made or am I going to have to roll my own?

I think the Marley tumble dryer vent kit comes with a self adhesive
flange (if not then it must have come with the tumble dryer). It may
be available separately.

MBQ

In article , MBQ
writes
Z wrote in message
I want to duct in a cooker hood. Got everything except the connector for
duct connector the hood itself.
On the top of the hood is a 100mm or so hole in flat sheet so I need a
spigot plate or flange connector to go from 100mm to fix to the flat
surface. Marley have no such thing, I looked through Vent axia and
xpelair but nothing.

Is there a fitting ready made or am I going to have to roll my own?

I think the Marley tumble dryer vent kit comes with a self adhesive
flange (if not then it must have come with the tumble dryer). It may
be available separately.

MBQ

I saw the thing in the box but have not seen it separately.

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

In article , Lobster
writes
Z wrote in message
[...]

I had a look inside the Marley tumble drier connection kit and the
fitting there is something like what I need. The Marley cooker hood kit
was extremely disappointing in it's hood connector and why they provide
flexi-duct rather than proper stuff is beyond me.

A flange connector would be better as part of the aperture is blocked by
the airflow redirector. I think I will have to make something up.

I wish I could contact the manufacturer if only I knew who it was. There
is no nameplate on, inside, outside, behind, under or anywhere near the
cooker hood as I have I have had the unit off the wall. Requests for
this information from Living Design have proved fruitless.

Apart from this snaffoo Living Design the installer also;

A) did not fit sink clamps resulting in the sealant flexing water
migration into the cut-out and henceforth deterioration of the chip
board.
B) Fitted a 32A junction box spurring from a socket possibly with an
existing spur off it and from this J/B spurred separately to two
sockets.
C) Fitted a socket right under the drain trap of the sink. It has
flooded once and not a good idea if maintenance or fault is likely to
cause a leak.
D) Fitted double check valves on hot and cold taps resulting in poor HW
pressure.
E) Did not seal the bottom of the verticals
F) Did not provide supplementary bonding between hot and cold. Not
actually a requirement per se of BS7671 as there is no special risk of
electric shock in a kitchen by definition but given the way the sockets
are installed....
G) Charged 3000& for it in 1998 and it's a tiny kitchen. I could have
got the carcasses myself for about 100 all in

To their credit the joints are perfect the units are quite nice looking.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
Arthur

I recently bought a cheap zanussi cooker hood. This came with the
spigotted flange supplied as standard.
Have you checked the manual to see if it should have been included?

Arthur.