Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas Homecare Flexi Boiler Insurance

Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

At my old house I used a local heating oil company, SS Motors. As part
of their customer deal, they offered annual boiler servicing for a
token charge of about £35 (this was 2003).

On the only occasion in 4 years I had a breakdown, I paid a £12
callout charge - and the engineer had a second hand spare from an old
boiler he had removed - £5.

The company mostly serve Cambridgeshire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 27, 2:12 pm, " wrote:
At my old house I used a local heating oil company, SS Motors. As part
of their customer deal, they offered annual boiler servicing for a
token charge of about £35 (this was 2003).

On the only occasion in 4 years I had a breakdown, I paid a £12
callout charge - and the engineer had a second hand spare from an old
boiler he had removed - £5.

The company mostly serve Cambridgeshire.

Sounds like an excellent deal, unfortunately I am in the middle of
bloody nowhere, so it gets a bit pricier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 27, 11:45 am, seani wrote:
Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

Before you pay BG 'insurance' each year get it in writing that your
boiler has full spares availablilty from them.

cheers,
Pete.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

seani wrote:
Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

What are the figures? Presumably you're comparing BG service with BG
insurance, both of which are probably pricey.

David

Help Required : How to restart a British Gas F2 boiler zeke UK diy 2 November 20th 06 11:54 PM
0/T. British Gas, New Boiler, beware Peter C UK diy 12 November 14th 06 05:42 PM
British Gas Homecare Terence UK diy 67 March 13th 06 10:07 PM
British Gas C/H Quotation - Boiler Replacement mark harrison UK diy 1 September 21st 05 09:40 PM