DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   British Gas Homecare Flexi Boiler Insurance (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/215767-british-gas-homecare-flexi-boiler-insurance.html)

seani September 27th 07 11:45 AM

British Gas Homecare Flexi Boiler Insurance

Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

[email protected] September 27th 07 02:12 PM

British Gas Homecare Flexi Boiler Insurance

At my old house I used a local heating oil company, SS Motors. As part
of their customer deal, they offered annual boiler servicing for a
token charge of about £35 (this was 2003).

On the only occasion in 4 years I had a breakdown, I paid a £12
callout charge - and the engineer had a second hand spare from an old
boiler he had removed - £5.

The company mostly serve Cambridgeshire.

seani September 27th 07 04:06 PM

On Sep 27, 2:12 pm, " wrote:
At my old house I used a local heating oil company, SS Motors. As part
of their customer deal, they offered annual boiler servicing for a
token charge of about £35 (this was 2003).

On the only occasion in 4 years I had a breakdown, I paid a £12
callout charge - and the engineer had a second hand spare from an old
boiler he had removed - £5.

The company mostly serve Cambridgeshire.

Sounds like an excellent deal, unfortunately I am in the middle of
bloody nowhere, so it gets a bit pricier.

Pete C September 27th 07 04:10 PM

On Sep 27, 11:45 am, seani wrote:
Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

Before you pay BG 'insurance' each year get it in writing that your
boiler has full spares availablilty from them.

cheers,
Pete.

Lobster September 27th 07 07:19 PM

seani wrote:
Anyone have personal experience of any of the British Gas packages?

Our annual boiler service is coming up (oil fired) and the cost of the
service alone isn't much less than the cost of monthly insurance.

Any recommendations or gotchas?

What are the figures? Presumably you're comparing BG service with BG
insurance, both of which are probably pricey.

David