Posted to uk.d-i-y
MAT MAT is offline

Default Power line clearance

Afternoon all!

Does anybody have to hand a copy of the Energy Networks Association
technical document 43-8 about overhead line clearances - or can give
me the correct figure for the clearance required between normal 3-
phase supplies and "unclimbable structures" such as trees.

Many thanks

MAT

5azx1

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MAT MAT is offline

On Sep 22, 4:54 pm, AJH wrote:

Department of Trade and Industry
Management of Vegetation Near Overhead Power Lines
[snip] [...]

I'd found that after I posted here - but annoyingly it just gives the
extremes rather than some of the intervening figures.
My industry (forestry) quotes a "vicinity zone" but doesn't define it:

[figures snipped]

Thanks for that data - it is of some help.

MAT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
AJH wrote:
Up to and including 1 kV 1 m
Exceeding 1 kV but not exceeding 11 kV 2 m
Exceeding 11 kV but not exceeding 33 kV 2.5 m
Exceeding 33 kV but not exceeding 66 kV 3 m
Exceeding 66 kV but not exceeding 132 kV 3.5 m
Exceeding 132 kV but not exceeding 275 kV 4 m
Exceeding 275 kV but not exceeding 400 kV 5 m

Wonder what the regs say about a new build close to a large pylon - grid
I'd say. Just happened to notice part of a new development on the old
Wimbledon Football ground in Plough Lane seems to be very close. I'll bet
those flats don't sell easily.

--
*Money isn‘t everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
AJH wrote:
Up to and including 1 kV 1 m
Exceeding 1 kV but not exceeding 11 kV 2 m
Exceeding 11 kV but not exceeding 33 kV 2.5 m

Thats interesting, theres a lot of railway overhead line at 25 kV that
I'll bet is closer then that to where you could touch it!..

Exceeding 33 kV but not exceeding 66 kV 3 m
Exceeding 66 kV but not exceeding 132 kV 3.5 m
Exceeding 132 kV but not exceeding 275 kV 4 m
Exceeding 275 kV but not exceeding 400 kV 5 m

Wonder what the regs say about a new build close to a large pylon - grid
I'd say. Just happened to notice part of a new development on the old
Wimbledon Football ground in Plough Lane seems to be very close. I'll bet
those flats don't sell easily.

If the price is right they will Dave...
--
Tony Sayer