Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replacing line driver power transistor on Sony TV

There's a fault on my Sony telly which I think I've narrowed down to the
line driver stage before the line output transistor. Certainly when I blast
this transistor with freeze spray the set recovers, only to throw a wobbly
again a few minutes later.(line width starts to become unstable/wavy on
right, although all lines start OK on left, before the set closes down with
2 flashes on fault LED). I thought I'd try replacing this transistor, which
is a 2SC2688. Does anybody know where I can get such a transistor in the
UK, or how I can find an equivalent that will do?

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan Beamish

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

have you tried tightening the heat-sink screw and touching up the three
solder joints? A lot of these transistors lift their legs off the Pc
board after a few hundred heat/cool cycles, or break their pads off the
Pc board.

Otherwise if it is a flaky transistor, it shouldnt be too critical,
it's just a 300V NPN 200Ma transistor. There's three of these on most
color TV CRT socket boards, as video drivers.

Regards,

George

..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Check also the small electrolytic capacitor in the same circuit, attached to
one side of the driver transformer, seen many of them cause strange sweep
related problems.
oups.com...

.