Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alan Beamish Alan Beamish is offline

Default Replacing line driver power transistor on Sony TV

There's a fault on my Sony telly which I think I've narrowed down to the
line driver stage before the line output transistor. Certainly when I blast
this transistor with freeze spray the set recovers, only to throw a wobbly
again a few minutes later.(line width starts to become unstable/wavy on
right, although all lines start OK on left, before the set closes down with
2 flashes on fault LED). I thought I'd try replacing this transistor, which
is a 2SC2688. Does anybody know where I can get such a transistor in the
UK, or how I can find an equivalent that will do?

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan Beamish