Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to get French Cleats?

We've got a large (6' * 3') mirror to go over the mantle. I could
make my own french cleats from timber, but I'd rather use metal to get
it as flush as possible.

I've tried my local DIY store and the internet to no avail. Well,
that's not quite true. I have no trouble locating them in the US:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

A sexier version, "The Hangman":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Any idea where I can find them? Perhaps they have a different name on
this side of the pond?

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've got a large (6' * 3') mirror to go over the mantle. I could
make my own french cleats from timber, but I'd rather use metal to get
it as flush as possible.

I've tried my local DIY store and the internet to no avail. Well,
that's not quite true. I have no trouble locating them in the US:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

A sexier version, "The Hangman":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Any idea where I can find them? Perhaps they have a different name on
this side of the pond?

4/10....Must try harder

Try
http://www.picturehangingsystems.co....s_hanging.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Sep, 18:39, "R" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

We've got a large (6' * 3') mirror to go over the mantle. I could
make my own french cleats from timber, but I'd rather use metal to get
it as flush as possible.

I've tried my local DIY store and the internet to no avail. Well,
that's not quite true. I have no trouble locating them in the US:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

A sexier version, "The Hangman":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Any idea where I can find them? Perhaps they have a different name on
this side of the pond?

4/10....Must try harder

Tryhttp://www.picturehangingsystems.co.uk/products_hanging.html

Thanks, but I think those systems are all "danglers". Anyway, I could
buy the steel cleats from that US site and, even with the
international shipping, it'd be cheaper .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:05:11 -0700, wrote:

We've got a large (6' * 3') mirror to go over the mantle. I could make my
own french cleats from timber, but I'd rather use metal to get it as flush
as possible.

I've tried my local DIY store and the internet to no avail. Well, that's
not quite true. I have no trouble locating them in the US:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

A sexier version, "The Hangman":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Any idea where I can find them? Perhaps they have a different name on
this side of the pond?

Thanks.

==================================
Try 'Woodfit' - http://woodfit.com/

I think somebody posted the full link here a few days ago but I can't find
it.

Cic.

--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 21 Sep, 18:39, "R" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

We've got a large (6' * 3') mirror to go over the mantle. I could
make my own french cleats from timber, but I'd rather use metal to get
it as flush as possible.

I've tried my local DIY store and the internet to no avail. Well,
that's not quite true. I have no trouble locating them in the US:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

A sexier version, "The Hangman":
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

Any idea where I can find them? Perhaps they have a different name on
this side of the pond?

4/10....Must try harder

Tryhttp://www.picturehangingsystems.co.uk/products_hanging.html

Thanks, but I think those systems are all "danglers". Anyway, I could
buy the steel cleats from that US site and, even with the
international shipping, it'd be cheaper .

You never mentioned a tight budget

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Sep, 19:05, Cicero wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the link. There was somthing that looked promising
(cabinet hanging rail) but it didn't work out.

Metal "French Cleats" - How Much Weight? charlieb Woodworking 12 June 7th 07 01:20 PM
Is there a good way to glue cleats to the underside of an overhanging box lid? Owen Lawrence Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 01:02 AM
OT French Kettles Rod UK diy 201 August 19th 05 06:52 PM
Aligning French Cleats ????? [email protected] Woodworking 2 February 24th 05 04:11 AM
OT-The French Gunner Metalworking 25 January 8th 05 09:41 AM