Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
AA AA is offline

Default Breakfast bar above radiator

Braekafast bars typically project out into space, usually starting
from some cabinets so I'm not even sure if what I plan is called a
breakfast bar. Anyway I'm talking about the long edge of the work top
butting to the wall and the outer edge supported by legs, so when you
sit at it you are facing the wall. Only thing is that the radiator is
on that wall and it is the only spare wall in the kitchen. Do you
think this will have a significant effect on the circulation of the
warm air from the radiator & do you think it would be uncomfortable on
the legs (i.e. too warm) under the bar when in use?

The other problem is it would need to be granite to match the rest of
the kitchen & I'm not so sure about supporting/fixing it on the
partition wall & legs. Any input much appreciated.

Welding - it's not just for breakfast anymore Louis Ohland Metalworking 12 May 1st 06 08:50 AM
Bush and Cheney at Breakfast Bob Schmall Woodworking 0 February 3rd 05 07:11 PM
Breakfast Booth joey Woodworking 2 January 5th 05 04:01 PM
Supplier for steel breakfast bar? Max Christian UK diy 1 December 5th 03 04:03 PM
Legs for breakfast bar Gnube UK diy 6 July 14th 03 09:37 AM